Raytheon Technologies Senior Manager, EKV Program Management in Tucson, Arizona
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
The EKV DSC Program Manager reports directly to the Kill Vehicle Director with primary responsibilities focused on leading the execution of the long running, major subcontract effort to the Boeing Company. EKV is the interceptor component of Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), as part of the larger Missile Defense System (BMDS) run by the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). Boeing is the prime contractor for GMD, consisting of ground-based interceptors, sensors, and fire control systems fielded in multiple locations. The Raytheon designed and produced EKV interceptors are tier 2 products that come with a high degree of focus on mission success. They are the key component in a one-of-kind system currently deployed and actively protecting the United States homeland from long-range ballistic missile attacks. Carried into space on booster, the EKV employs hit-to-kill technologies to intercept ballistic missiles in the midcourse phase of flight.
Current activities include software performance upgrades, service life extension (SLEP) for the fielded fleet, and production of a spare EKV payload. The timeline of the recently awarded Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) drives the need to maintain the EKV fleet through at least the next ten years. In addition to executing currently on-contract work, the EKV DSC PM will lead the capture and growth of the program to take on newly funded Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) work scope, that will extend EKV, on the DSC contract through the end of 2023.
The EKV DSC program manager position is an execution focused role that drives predictable business results in the largest part of the KV programs portfolio. Specific elements of responsibility include leading the EVMS program execution battle rhythm, capturing and baselining new work, creating and presenting program EACs, building and maintaining a team of IPTLs, maintaining a customer counterpart relationship with the Boeing GBI KV program manager and participating as a member of the KV program leadership team. A highly competitive candidate will have demonstrated experience organizing and leading a large program funded through a complex mix of un-definitized contract actions (UCAs) and many discrete CLINs.
Organizationally, the KV Program’s portfolio is part of the IMDS Program Area Directorate (PAD), which is part of the Strategic Missile Defense (SMD) Mission Area.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Minimum of a completed Bachelor Degree, preferably in a related field of study
• Minimum of 12 years of experience in engineering, manufacturing and/or operations
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a program management
• Demonstrated leadership experience developing and leading multi-disciplined, cross-functional, and/or matrixed teams including functions such as Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain and / or Quality
• Experience in building and maintaining customer relationships
• Strong understanding and implementation of program leadership best practices and processes to include capture management, engineering development, integration and test, and production operations
• Strong experience with business and project management tools and processes such as IPDS, EVMS, IMS/IMP, Risk Management, Financial Forecasting and EACs
• Possess a PM Certification level 3, or the ability to get a PM Cert level 3 within 12 months or possess a similar level of PM certification
• Domestic travel will be required
• US Citizenship
U.S. Citizenship is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance within one year of employment with the ability to obtain special access as needed.
Qualifications We Value:
• Master’s Degree
• Demonstrated ability to stand up a program team, culture and cadence that creates and maintains efficient operation
• Leadership experience on MDA programs
• Experience working incentive fee and/or award feed contracts
• Experience working with and definitizing UCAs
• Proficiency leading geographically diverse teams effectively using video conferencing tools such as Zoom, MS Teams or WebEx
• Leadership experience on programs with large and complex supplier efforts
• Strong leadership stills with the ability to manage conflict
• Working knowledge of using metrics to drive and improve program execution
• Management of bookings, sales, earnings and cash to meet business annual operating plans
• Experience with kill vehicles or space applications
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.