FirstService Residential Regional Director in Tucson, Arizona
Perform functions to manage, direct and provide leadership to an assigned region and book of business. Ensure properties are maintained and operated in accordance with company objectives and facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Provide management and leadership to properties within assigned region and book of business. Collaborate with Executive Management to develop goals and communicate established goals. Ensure the goals and needs of the assigned region, company and its customers are consistently met.
- Manage the functions of a team in different properties within a region while maintaining standards of excellence for processes, methods and personnel.
- Manage the process improvement and quality control of property management functions to maximize productivity and ensure quality service is delivered.
- Provide leadership and direction and assist in the investigation and resolution of any issues that arise.
- Partner with Community Association Managers, Board of Directors and other internal departments to develop and lead the introduction and integration of new programs, services and initiatives.
- Act as liaison to ensure quality service is delivered, that Board expectations are met and to assist in prompt response and resolution to questions/problems.
Establish and maintain a positive relationship with Board of Directors and internal departments.
Mentor and support Community Association Managers to meet the needs of the Association efficiently and motivate employees for maximum individual potential.
- Provide support with obtaining all service, maintenance and security contracts and in financial management, administration, corporate policies and procedures, property infrastructure, organization, litigation processes, property collections, maintenance and mechanical procedures.
- Conduct site inspections regularly. Identify deficiencies and provide recommendations and action plans in order to improve the property.
- Ensure that maintenance manuals, equipment checklists and books are in place and are current as well as all FSR approved binders.
- Participate in sales building activities and manage the contract renewal discussion and process.
- Provide support throughout all phases of the startup process.
- Interview, select, recommend, hire, and train assigned staff. Ensure proper staffing levels.
- Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation and resolution of problems.
- Recommend personnel actions, promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures.
- Manage the Performance Evaluation process of assigned unit and provide leadership, counseling and coaching to employees.
- Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations.
- Oversee training and cross training programs and ensure all direct and indirect employees are aware of and comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and deadlines.
- Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and maintain existing procedures. Review processes and ensure they are in compliance with current statute.
- Manage the communication and compliance of SOP's within teams, managers and internal and external customers.
- Initiate and /or attend a wide range of internal and external meetings. Provide guidance and direction and assist in issue resolution as needed. Participate in Corporate committees as necessary.
- Develop contracts for all Ancillary Services as needed and provide FSR with the opportunity to bid on Ancillary Services.
- Provide financial support with a wide range of functions. Monitor reserve funds to insure they are being used in accordance with BOD and regulatory requirements; review and assist in obtaining and financing required insurance coverage and collect outstanding corporate accounts receivable.
- Recommend and manage the budget for the functional area of responsibility. Monitor expenses, initiate cost reduction programs and negotiate prices with vendors. Ensure regional expenses are maintained within budget.
- Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes or regulations and communicate changes to staff. Direct training of staff when new procedures are required to comply with changes.
- Ensure that Association records are kept in good order.
- Oversee Connect compliance.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
- Directly or indirectly supervise Associates within the assigned properties and/or Region
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university, and three years experience in Property Operations, Hospitality or Construction; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have any state specific certifications and licenses or they are preferable of not required by the state.
- A minimum of seven years of successful community management experience or equivalent professional experience in a related field, with at least 4 of those years responsible for a staff with a variety of expertise, background and job assignments.
- Management experience in a small or medium-sized organization including responsibility for more than one functional department or division preferred
- Understanding of physical building management, Condominium law, financial planning and law affecting property management.
- Valid Driver's License and State Mandated Vehicle Insurance
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Knowledge and ability to apply state statutes and Community's documents.
- Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision making ability.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and provide guidance to all employee levels.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, leases and/or regulations
- Must have a strong work ethic and be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficiency researching the Internet. Previous experience with financial and accounting programs preferred.
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or projects. Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently. Must be self-driven with the ability to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities.
- Knowledge of mechanical operations of a building and equipment preferred.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations promptly.
Tools & Equipment Used
- Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works under usual office conditions. The employee is required to work at a personal computer as well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit, walk and occasionally climb. The incumbent must be on call at all times and able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed. Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs. The incumbent must be able to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms.
The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions at an onsite community. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
- Occasional travel to Regional offices for meetings may be required
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all- inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled