Sonora Quest Prod Supv - 10840 in Tucson, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663443 City:
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hoursn
nMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Fridayn
Required to Work:
The production supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a group of employees in a particular cost center, group of cost centers, service, or department. This position supports the defined area's operational goals and objectives, and ensures that they are met or exceeded.
1. Hires, trains and conducts performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for designated staff. This includes initiating promotions, transfers, and corrective actions. Also includes establishing priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determines resources needed.
2. Provides operational supervision of the area of responsibility ordering supplies, and day to day problem resolution and trouble shooting. Participates in decision-making concerning policies, procedures and instrumentation related to the department. Assists in developing, writing, and implementing new policies and procedures.
3. Coordinates, monitors, and evaluates quality control and assurance activities for the area of responsibility .Provides oversight of QC and QA policies and procedures. Monitors results of corrective actions and QA/QA results in accordance with the Quality System. Participates in intra- and interdepartmental process improvement teams. Monitors, tracks, and reports department and company quality metrics. Supports and implements standardization initiatives.
4. Assists in monitoring financial activities within the area of responsibility. Controls and adjusts expenditures throughout the year to meet budget. Oversees waste reduction and expense reduction efforts. Provides input on expense reduction ideas for area of responsibility, and the overall department. Provides input as requested on department's annual budget.
5. Serves as a resource and communication liaison to internal customers and external customers by responding to inquiries about results, quality, or other issues. Provides access to other system resources when appropriate. Interacts with co-workers with an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration, and focuses on customer service.
Two years' experience in a leadership role in a healthcare, laboratory, or high volume production environment; alternately, one years' experience and an associate's degree or higher in business, healthcare, or other related field may be substituted or equivalent knowledge and experience. Evidence of increasing supervisory or management experience A significant understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures of different software is required. Oral/written communication skills, analytical/strategic skills required. Must possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously. May be required to possess valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy
Bachelor's degree or higher, in business, healthcare or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience. Certification as a medical technologist or technician. Training in Six Sigma or Lean.