Sonora Quest Phlebotomy Tech I - MDS - 11208 in Tucson, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663423 City:
n(PA) 0.5 - 20-23 Hoursn
nTuesday, Wednesday, Thursdayn
Required to Work:
nWeekends, Holidays, On Calln
nMobile Diagnostics Services Phlebotomist: Will cover nursing homes, PRN's, clinics, assisted living, individual home draws and call backs/stats.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, rotate weekends, holidays & call, 2:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Who We Aren
We are one of the Most Admired Companies in Arizona and have received that honor for the past six years, most recently in 2018. We also happen to be the nation's largest integrated laboratory system with approximately 3,200 employees serving more than 25,000 patients every day throughout Arizona.
n Did you know that laboratory results impact 75% of the medical diagnostic process? Our Long Term Care/Mobile phlebotomists play a critical role in helping physicians provide accurate diagnosis and medical treatment. n
n So, what does a Mobile Diagnostics Services Phlebotomist do? n
• Make routine and scheduled visits to nursing/geriatric homes, patient homes, long term care facilities
• Works in a high volume, fast-paced environment
• Works shifts that include 2:00 AM-10:30 AM, 3:00 AM - 11:30 AM, 5:00 PM - 1:30AM
• Complies with all safety rules, and follows defined safety practices such as patient identification
• Spends 98% of job time in the field
• Is familiar with the Metro Phoenix area and likes to drive
n Who you are: n
• Detail oriented and comfortable working in a high volume, fast paced environment.
• Has a background in geriatric and pediatric blood draws, has dealt with combative patients.
• Is someone that is punctual and has good attendance in their employment
• Comfortable with set structure and following procedures
• A team player who is aware that your work is critical in helping medical providers provide excellent patient care. Is professional and has excellent customer service skills.
• Have a current Fingerprint Clearance card
• Have a clean driving record
n Who you are not: n
• Someone who does not like to drive and hates traffic
• Overwhelmed by a fast-paced environment.
• Does not like any type of body fluids
• Does not feel comfortable with critically ill patients, nursing facilities, going to poor environment areas
• Does not like to work long hours or starting hours in early morning such as 2:00 AM
• Uncomfortable with set schedules and showing up to work on time.
n Must Haves: n
• High school diploma or GED.
• Clean driving record that will be verified through the DMV
• Very strong phlebotomy skills including geriatric and pediatric draws
• Fingerprint clearance card, or eligible to obtain one when hired
• Excellent work ethic, accountability, flexibility, and commitment to patient care.
• Familiar with current phone technologies
n Ideally, you also have (but OK if not): n
Years of experience with geriatric and pediatric blood draws
Experience with Cerner Millennium and Care 360
Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills