Sonora Quest Phlebotomy Tech I - FLOAT - 9257 in Tucson, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663414 City:
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hoursn
nMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Fridayn
Required to Work:
nN/A - Weekdays onlyn
Under the direction of the area supervisor, this position's primary responsibility is to provide coverage at multiple locations. This position may work within a Patient Service Center, IOP (Physician's Office), or other facility (long term care, assisted living, patient home, health fair). This position is responsible for the collection and receipt of biological specimens into the department, their proper entry into the company's computer system, the preparation of samples for analytical testing and/or the distribution of these specimens to the proper analytical area. This includes responsibility for pre and post aspects of analytical testing. This position will also perform specified analytical testing as assigned. Follows the guidelines of the Code of Conduct.
1. Provides coverage at multiple locations to include the following: 1) specimen collection 2) general laboratory specimen processing or 3) referral laboratory processing. In doing so, ensuring correct patient and specimen identification and specimen integrity by using appropriate techniques for all age criteria as required. Only staff with a high school diploma or GED may perform any specified analytical testing, i.e. Point of Care testing.
2. Enters and verifies patient demographics, location, physician data, tests requested, time and date of collection, appropriate clinical information, and all other pertinent data found on requisitions as required for processing and billing. Verifies accuracy of entered information. Verifies appropriateness of specimens received. Aliquots and labels specimens according to established departmental procedures and practices, delivers specimens to the technical area in a timely manner and / or performs initial processing and preparation of samples for transport. Performs "Triage" process as needed within Patient Service Centers. Level II will assist lead in monitoring workflow and training of new employees.
3. Focuses on quality by assuring that all work performed is accurate and complete. Completes documents legibly and accurately per site protocol. Follows established methods and practices. Maintains familiarity with departmental procedures. Uses appropriate documentation to record communications. Communicate courteously and professionally and responds accordingly. Initiates computer generated reports as required for patient reporting and quality assurance monitoring. Meets departmental standards for productivity and quality as currently defined.
4. Participates in departmental financial responsibilities through the appropriate use of supplies and materials. Avoids excessive waste. Participates in department initiatives to reduce costs and improve service. Basic knowledge of billing. Commitment to error free work environment.
5. Communicates courteously and professionally with internal and external customers. Interacts with co-workers with an emphasis on teamwork and a focus on customer service. All employees must be able to work all areas/departments/shifts as assigned. Resolves basic service issues.
6. Acknowledges and understands the importance of 'Patient Rights' and privacy (HIPAA). Promotes, supports and exhibits behavior consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Values of Laboratory Sciences of Arizona and customer-focused care.
&bul ; Minimum age requirement of 18.
• High school graduate, or have achieved equivalency through the GED exam.
• Good reading, writing and math abilities. Good organizational skills.
• Previous experience of at least six months in a clinical laboratory setting. Phlebotomy positions may substitute completion of a phlebotomy school for experience.
• Basic computer skills.
• Position may require ADHS Fingerprinting Certification or the ability to obtain fingerprint certification.
• Travel and flexible hours required to work multiple locations and required to cover at mobile phlebotomy facilities/in-office phlebotomy locations with minimal notice.n
• Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays and overtime. May be required to work occasional on-call duties weekends, evenings and early AM.
• Must have reliable transportation, valid state driver's license, and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
n PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS n
• Additional related education and/or experience.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English).
• Knowledge of medical terminology.