Raytheon Technologies Executive Director Operations Quality in Tucson, Arizona
The Executive Director position within the Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) Quality & Mission Assurance organization is responsible for the sound application of management and leadership skills to ensure personnel within the organization are properly equipped, trained, and developed.
This also includes facilitating the continuous improvement of the RMD Quality Management System to improve customer deliverable products, critical processes, systems, and help to manage customer relationships. This position within the Quality & Mission Assurance organization is the leader of the Operations Quality and Mission Assurance personnel of up to 150 employees and assigned initiatives within their respective area(s).
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop partnerships with Senior Leaders throughout the organization to define strategies which will shape the organization’s ability to become the best provider of products and services to a broad customer set.
• Identification and integration of quality improvement advancements which enable business strategic growth to the benefit of enhanced customer success and improved profitability.
• Assess / define key program technical parameters to ensure products meet end item performance requirements and quality improvement objectives.
• Help in leading the organization to a high maturity state of continuous and measurable improvement to affect business success.
• Sustain continuous assessment of implementation of systems, policies, and procedures to ensure the highest standards of quality and impact on the business.
• Lead in the collection and analysis of data to produce strategic and tactical recommendations or actions to address deficiencies.
• Implement efficient tools and processes that will drive performance excellence.
• Lead “cost of poor quality” initiatives to drive improvement in overall product line(s), factories and supplier management performance.
• Embed Quality work products across the product lifecycle to preempt risk and drive an attention-to-detail and prevention oriented culture.
• Minimum 16 years professional Quality Assurance experience leading and managing for a diverse business portfolio.
• Experience with AS9100 and AS9145 or similar quality management standards.
• Demonstrated ability to lead high-performing, multi-disciplined / multi-functional teams and change management strategies to drive performance improvement across an enterprise.
• Experience in transformation management and continuous improvement disciplines and / or philosophies.
• Strong background in systemic thinking (i.e., systems, reliability, and quality engineering applications and/or processes).
• Travel is required up to 50%
• US citizenship
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Department of Defense, (DoD) Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. Additional clearances may also be required.
• Ability to effectively engage, collaborate, influence, and communicate with key stakeholders and executive level leadership across the corporation, business functions and product lines.
• Ability to manage and lead at an executive management level to include prior leadership of organizations (program management, design, manufacturing, quality) applications / products.
• Proven success in program / project management and technical oversight of critical programs, projects or systems.
• Experience utilizing industry continuous improvement models such as Six Sigma and Lean to drive business results.
• Excellent financial planning and budgeting skills.
• Ability to create / execute strategic plans and innovative ideas to meet business objectives.
• Ability to produce under stressful conditions with demanding stakeholders, customers and schedules.
• Experience and demonstrated understanding of manufacturing / factory processes preferably within the aerospace and defense industry.
• Experience and sound business relationships formed with our DoD customers; international experience is beneficial.
• Advanced degree (MBA, MS, or PhD).
• Existing / active DoD security clearance.
• Bachelor of Science Degree, preferably in Engineering, Physics or related Science and /or a Master’s Degree.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.173518
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.