Volcom Assistant Manager in Tucson, Arizona
We were born to chase what we are true to.
It’s not that we want to… WE HAVE TO.
We have a vision that turns obstacles into
A creative courage to tempt the impossible…
And embrace the strange.
Telling us to push further…
To try again.
Endlessly seeking elevation…
We are all connected by this same internal force.
Forever we chase that intoxicating moment when
our vision is realized…
The world around us goes quiet…
And for brief moments, we are more than alive.
True To This
Our employees are our greatest asset and Volcom is the number one place where people who share our values want to work. The Assistant Manager partners with the Retail Manager to drive the success of the store. Assistant Managers partner with the Retail Manager in the management of talent, operations, and the brand. You embody the Volcom spirit and provide excellent leadership to all your team members in your store. If you’re true to this and are inspired by creative spirit, the Volcom family would be stoked to have you.
What you’ll do:
• Provide leadership and direction to team members
• Manage store opening/closing procedures. Holds keys to the store and maintains high level of responsibility for store security and standards
• Assist with the guiding, directing, and motivating team members. Monitor sales and motivate the team to hit forecasted goals.
• Serve as Manager on Duty when needed
• Assist with the recruiting, hiring, and training of team members
• Help build product-knowledge driven sales culture, sharing your knowledge of our industry, eco-initiatives, and high-quality product to Store Team and Customers
• Uphold and enforce company policies, procedures, and corporate directives
• Ensure manager directives are being properly executed
• Coach and train retail associates as needed
• Complete and delegate tasks assigned by the retail manager accurately and efficiently
• Coordinate daily activities with the team
• Receive shipment, process transfers, and markdowns. Responsible for product counts and inventory monitoring.
• Complete price and promotion changes and signage
• Participate in analysis of inventory and sales reports and contribute to high level business review.
• Assists with banking, cash handling, and correctly depositing funds.
• Provide excellent customer service
• Represent Volcom brand with actions and knowledge of product
• Promote a fun, organized, efficient environment and lead by example
• Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
• High school education or equivalent
• 3 years of experience in a retail/apparel setting, including 1+ years as an Assistant Manager
• 1+ years’ visual merchandising experience preferred
• Familiarity with the Volcom brand and action sports industry
• Interpersonal, customer service, and basic math & reporting skills
• Be an effective team player
• Strong people management skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong ethical behavior
• Strong computer and POS system experience
• Strong sales knowledge and ability to train
• 70% off Volcom merch
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits (majority employer paid)
• Assistant Manager Bonus
• 401k with employer match (based on eligibility)
• Fun work environment & team
• Ability to transport and position a minimum of 10 lbs
• Ability to constantly move within the store and backroom
• Ability to stand (or remain in a stationary position) for long periods of time
• Excellent communication with customers, store team, and corporate (in-person, phone, and email)
• Flexible schedule; ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, please contact Volcom Customer Service to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process: 1 (855) 330-0188 or email@example.com.