California Closets Production Shift Lead - 3rd Shift in Tolleson, Arizona
The Shift Lead is responsible of overseeing the day-to-day workflow on the production floor, under direction of the Production Supervisor. The Shift Lead will provide Area Leads and the Production Supervisor with support such as temporarily reallocating labor, setting priorities, and monitoring output to goals. This position will be responsible for coaching, resolving day-to-day issues, and serving as a link between production associates and supervisors & managers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Accomplish department objectives including attainment of daily targets by assigning and monitoring work, setting priories, gathering resources, implementing productivity standards, resolving operations problems, maintaining reference manuals, and implementing new procedures as directed by the Production Supervisor.
- Collaborate with the Production Supervisor on topics such as employee evaluations, training opportunities, associate concerns, employee issues, new hire onboarding & training, scheduling, department procedures and processes.
- Support Area Leads when it comes to day-to-day production decisions, temporary reallocation of labor, and employee training.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Communicate information from upper management and supervisors to employees and vice versa.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing California Closets standards and adhering to safety regulations.
- Ensure product quality standards are met by understand them and working with leads and operators consistently.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Support production in all equipment areas including panel saw, edge band, CNC, and pack.
- Provide general production floor support in the absence of the Production Supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to operate all machine areas
- Should know or actively train in all production equipment and producing parts
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing processes and methodologies.
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable proscribed personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and disseminate information to a team in an effective and meaningful manner.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team effectively.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite with emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to adhere to our attendance policy; regular and acceptable punctuality and attendance is required.
- Ability to take a collaborative approach to plant goals within shift and across shifts.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Moderate to heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity to read instructions, operate machines, and inspect parts produced.
- Ability to frequently stoop, bend and kneel.
- Ability to often reach with hand and arms and grasp.
- Ability to frequently talk and hear.
- Ability to constantly stand. Direct reports