Sonora Quest Referral Testing Specialist - 11118 in Tempe, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663449 City:
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hoursn
Required to Work:
The Referral Testing Specialist is responsible for packing and shipping, following all federal and company regulations and policies, all specimens that are sent to other testing locations. Manages work flow of outgoing specimens and will monitor for incoming time sensitive or returning samples that require further testing. Completes tasks to add, return or clarify specimen and order issues. Acts as resource regarding referral tests for other departments.
1. Retrieves and sorts specimens to be transported to a referral laboratory. Packages and ships referral specimens in accordance to all applicable federal and state transportation guide lines.
2. Maintains advanced knowledge of specimen requirements for both in-house and referred testing. Recognizes sample quality, quantity and transportation temperature requirements for all referred testing.
3. Responsible for resolving complex referral testing issues.
4. Accountable for monitoring insurance and billing information for accuracy and determines if additional information is required to prevent inaccurate billing.
5. Uses prioritization and multitasking skills and tools to assure all daily assignments are completed within accepted time frames.
6. Assists in the training of new employees and aids in the development and validation of all Test Send Outs procedures.
+ Minimum age requirement of 18.
+ High school graduate or have achieved equivalency.
+ Twelve (12) months clinical laboratory experience or equivalent.
+ Demonstrated intermediate level PC skills.
+ Basic medical terminology and specimen type recognition.
+ Familiarity with Lean or Six Sigma concepts.
+ Additional related education and/or experience.