Sonora Quest Lab Tech Coordinator - Clinical Mass Spectrometry - 10899 in Tempe, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663367 City:
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hoursn
nMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sundayn
Required to Work:
nClinical Mass Spectrometry
This position is responsible for a high level of technical knowledge and application of that knowledge to department testing, clinical relevance, and complex problem solving skills. This position serves as a department resource, and is responsible for assisting with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agency and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA '88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA).
1. Performs all duties of MLS/MT duties as defined by the department, at a high level of competency. Responsible for operational leadership and workflow oversight to the section/shift. Integrates comprehensive technical knowledge and clinical relevance into daily activity for the department. Responsible for complex problem solving of technical, computer, interdepartmental and quality issues. Under the direction of the Supervisor and/or Technical Director, responsible for implementation of system technical initiatives in their area of responsibility. Provides onsite supervision (determines schedules, manage day to day work flow and give input into an assessment or disciplinary action) in the absence of section supervisor.
2. Focuses on quality by reviewing records and assuring performance of all quality control and assurance procedures. Ensures that quality control and instrumentation maintenance records are kept and documentation meets standards of accrediting and licensing agencies. Assists the Supervisor, Administrative and Technical Directors, and Technical Specialist, in the implementation of new QC/QA polices and continuous quality improvement programs in accordance with the Quality System. Active in department and LSA/SQL System quality assurance activities. Monitors and ensures compliance with accrediting agency and regulatory requirements for the laboratory. Actively participates in preparation for on-site accrediting process.
3. Monitors, recognizes opportunities for improvement, and participates in improving the financial performance of the department and the LSA/SQL System to decrease costs, increase productivity, and improve service. Monitors inventory and brings related issues forward for prompt resolution. Assists with cost analysis models.
4. Assists with basic personnel oversight including participation in selection, training, developing, and providing coaching under the direction of the Supervisor or appropriate Director. Assists in new employee orientation, training and competency. Provides input for competency and annual assessments for employees in appropriate time frames. Actively involved in implementing and ensuring staff completion of competency program requirements. Self directed and motivated to seek out opportunities to contribute to projects to help the department. Coordinates and is active in at least two special projects per year within the department or LSA/SQL System, along with other miscellaneous department duties.
5. Serves as a resource communication liaison for on-site and System issues. Provides access to other System resources when appropriate. Works closely with on-site management to integrate the area into other activities on-site. Interacts with co-workers with an emphasis on teamwork and a focus on customer service. Demonstrates preceptor and coaching skills and promotes a constructive environment t at encourages learning and development. Demonstrates appropriate verbal and written skills.
• Bachelor's Degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
• Two (2) years' experience in nonwaived testing in the designated specialty/sub-specialty area.
• Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science.
• MLS or Specialty Certification.