Sonora Quest I.T. Director - Product Development/Innovation - 11093 in Tempe, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663375 City:
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hoursn
nMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Fridayn
Required to Work:
nN/A - Weekdays onlyn
Leads, coaches and mentors a team of passionate software engineers, and database analysts. Establishes and communicates the business objectives/ vision, and aligns the team around this vision in their day-to-day work. Ensures that all software application products will result in quality products that delight Sonora Quest Laboratories (SQL) / Laboratory Sciences of Arizona (LSA) customers.
The Director of Software is someone who has built and led teams that are well versed in state-of-the-art tools and cutting-edge technologies that enable the software processes and functions.
Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight LSA/SQL customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
Team Mentality: Collaborating effectively to drive LSA/SQL culture and execute on goals.
Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS n
1. Provides team oversight during the full software development life cycle, from conception, design, and implementation and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
2. Provides and/or reviews time estimates, technical recommendations, and proposed solutions based on technical and business requirements.
3. Works with enterprise-level systems at a program and project level.
4. Leads the strategy, planning and design/architecture of software developments solutions, and the refinement of existing frameworks, processes, and tools.
5. Manages a strong software and data analytics organization through defined key objective indicators and specified goals that align to the company's direction and objectives.
6. Assists the CIO in the creation and management of both the core budget related to the areas of responsibility and the program development budget
• Bachelor's Degree in related field.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Advanced ability to build and lead an effective development and innovation teams including customer and / or vendor teams.
• Eight (8) years' leadership experience including five (5) years' managing direct reports.n
• Executive level communications, tailored to unique situations.
• Five years' experience in the Software Development / Engineering leadership position.n
• Experience building and leading software development teams with success.
• Demonstrated experience in defining and implementing practical and effective strategy, policies, processes, and tools across systems.
• Experience in evolving legacy software and systems into state of the art software and systems.
• Significant experience with software development tools and technologies - Microsoft Stack.
• In depth experience implementing complex projects & solutions
• Master's Degree in related field.
• Demonstrated ability to navigate complex organizations, creative problem solving, and developing business cases
• Experience man ging budgets (project, program and department)
• Comfortable establishing senior-level working relationships and communications
• Ability to present publicly as a thought leader.
• Experience and knowledge developing strategic planning, leadership, and organization delivery for master data management.