Sonora Quest Cytology Technologist - 10834 in Tempe, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663393 City:
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hoursn
nMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Fridayn
Required to Work:
nN/A - Weekdays onlyn
We are seeking knowledgeable, resourceful, and adaptable individuals who enjoy a dynamic work environment, problem solving, and innovative process improvement. Our company values of accountability, collaboration, compassion, integrity and quality combined with a patient centric focus drive our mission for quality outcomes. We are looking for like-minded, patient focused individuals who are excited about Cytology and genuinely care about patient care. What makes us excited about our Cytology department? We are a full-service, core facility that services multiple hospitals and commercial work throughout the state of Arizona.
• On-site Cytotechnologists at 7 Banner Health Medical Centers
• Academic affiliations with leading institutions in the state of Arizona including Banner M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Gilbert, AZ.
• EBUS, EUS and ENB procedure assistance including ROSE
• CE opportunities including Tumor Board
• Peer mentoring
• Supportive environment that fosters learning and focuses on patient care
• Dynamic team that is constantly learning to remain industry relevant
• Career growth opportunities
Sonora Quest Laboratories, a joint venture between Banner Health and Quest Diagnostics, is the nation's largest integrated laboratory system with approximately 3,100 employees serving more than 23,000 patients every day throughout Arizona. We are the market share leader in clinical laboratory testing in Arizona, performing more than 60 million diagnostic tests per year. We are CAP accredited and are the only healthcare company ever to receive our state's highest quality award, the Arizona Governor's Award for Quality.
Responsible for quality and productive microscopic examination and evaluation of gynecological and non-gynecological specimens, primarily for the diagnosis of malignant and pre-malignant conditions. This position may assist with fine needle aspiration collection, ROSE and NGYN and FNA screening. Proficiency testing and continuing education are required for all cytotechnologists. This position is required to keep daily workload records in accordance with CLIA '88.
1. Microscopically screens and evaluates conventional, ThinPrep and SurePath GYN samples and NGYN/FNA samples maintaining a high level of quality and productivity in accordance with the established performance standards for cytotechnologists.
3. Participates in CAP proficiency testing in accordance with the established performance standards for cytotechnologists.
4. Obtains a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education annually.
5. Appropriately refers abnormal cases to pathologists for sign-out using established cytologic criteria.
6. Reaches individually established goals in alignment with LSA/SQL's RoadMap.
• Completion of approved cytologic training program and registered (or eligible) by the ASCP.
• ASCP eligible applicants must pass their ASCP registry within 3 months of hire.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills required.
• This position requires the applicant having passed the CAP PAP PT within the past 12 months. Student applicants or those applicants not currently screening GYN samples must attain a 90% on a internal proficiency test at the time of interview.
Student applicants are eligible to apply if they are within 6 months of their anticipated graduation date.