Sonora Quest Clinical Lab Assistant - Tech Logistics - 10574 in Tempe, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663354 City:
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hoursn
nMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Fridayn
Required to Work:
nDAY SHIFT 7 AM - 3:30 PM
EVENING SHIFT 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
NIGHT SHIFT 11:30 PM - 7:30 AM
Who We Aren
We are one of the Most Admired Companies in Arizona and have received that honor for the past six years, most recently in 2018. We also happen to be the nation's largest integrated laboratory system with approximately 3,200 employees serving more than 25,000 patients every day throughout Arizona.
Did you know that laboratory results impact 75% of the medical diagnostic process? All tasks performed by a Technical Logistics Clinical Lab Assistant play a critical role in helping physicians provide accurate diagnosis and medical treatment.
This is an entry-level position and a very busy one! If you have experience working in a retail or hospitality service environment and have always had interest in working in a laboratory, join our team and grow your career!
So, what does a Technical Logistics Clinical Lab Assistant do?n
• Run multiple instrumentation simultaneously - multi tasking.
• Handle special requests, utilizing multiple computer programs.
• Delivers specimens to the technical floor in a timely manner.
• Complies with all safety rules, and follows defined safety practices.
• Prepare specimens (blood and/or urine) by pouring into separate vials for testing purposes.
Who you are:n
• Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
• Able to handle physical activity including standing for the majority of your shift.
• Ability to multi-task effectively.
• Comfortable with set structure and following procedures.
• Likes a challenge.
• A team player who is aware that your work is critical in helping medical providers and hospitals provide excellent patient care.
Who you are not:n
• Someone who is grossed out by blood, urine, body parts, or working with anything the human body can produce.
• Overwhelmed by a fast-paced environment.
• Unfamiliar navigating through different screens on the computer or working with Windows based programs.
• Prefers to sit down and complete assignments at their own pace.
• Uncomfortable with set schedules for work hours, breaks, and lunches.
• Has issues with attendance including calling out or being tardy.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Comfortable seeing all types of bodily fluids in containers.
• Self - Motivated, results-driven individual.
• Positive attitude.
• Adaptability and good with change.
• Excellent work ethic and commitment to patient care.
Note: If you have a BS degree in a Chemical or Biological Science and are interested in this position, please note that we ask for a 12 month commitment in this entry-level position before you are eligible to transfer into a different area of the laboratory. If an entry-level position is not somethign you wish to consider at this time, please see Medical Lab Technician and other opportunities within our laboratory.