Honeywell Advanced Certification Engineer (ODA Unit Member Asst Leader) in Tempe, Arizona
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Organizational Designation Authorization (ODA) PC Organization of Honeywell Aerospace is looking to fill an ODA Assistant Unit Member (UM) Leader to conduct the following:
Manage the Aerospace FAA ODA PC Program:
• Meet directly with the FAA (as required) and ODA Administrators regarding ODA inquires/requirements, etc.
• Report monthly metrics and identify ongoing process improvements
• Maintain current training material to the PC latest requirements
• Primary interface and manage Unit Members (UM’s) across Sites and Suppliers
• Communicate an ongoing status to Unit Members, Programs and Regulatory agencies
• Assure current guidance is available and that all Unit Members are kept current on the latest guidelines and documentation
• Train and expand FAA ODA Delegations for Unit Members
• Manage the Training program for the PC Assistants and UM’s
• Assure the Unit Members are adequately trained and maintain their training current to perform their authorized functions
• Participate on Evaluation Panel for appointment of Unit members
Other Management Responsibilities:
• Develop Lean and Standardize processes that ensures a Complaint PC Program
• Need to move with Urgency and Fast by reviewing processes and eliminate non-value steps/processes
• Implement year after year Process/Productivity Improvements
• Conduct Aero level ODA Responsibilities
• Travel to Sites/Suppliers to conduct ODA Functions
• Monitor individual Unit Members to assure that only authorized functions are performed and within limitations as specified in the Honeywell ODA Procedures Manual and FAA Regulations
• Assure that current and new guidance (ODA Procedures Manual and Regulatory) is available and that all Unit Members are kept current on the latest guidelines and documentation
• Perform Unit Member Assessments and process audits at a minimum, quarterly and annual basis
• Conduct Conformities, as required
• Direct interface with FAA and other Regulatory Agencies
• Develop and maintain a trusting relationship built on demonstrating sound judgment and integrity with the FAA (MIDO and ACO) and Other’s Agencies i.e. CAAC
• Capture any new/revised requirements
• Ensure that each Unit Member submits FAA periodic activity reports as required by the Honeywell ODA Procedures Manual
You Must Have
• 5+ years working experience with the FAA on projects similar to those authorized under the ODA. This experience must include various levels of technical airworthiness responsibilities and experience (for example, compliance engineer, manufacturing inspector, or airworthiness inspector), and/or management experience in one or more technical disciplines (such as, engineering, manufacturing, airworthiness, or quality assurance).
• Qualify to become Delegated as a Unit Member for Conformity and the processing of FAA 8130-3 for Production.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Experience in managing multiple Sites/Suppliers
• Experience developing and conducting training at an Aerospace Level
• Proving record of a successful complaint FAA Regulatory program
• Experience working directly with the FAA and/or other Regulatory Agencies
• Comprehensive knowledge of FAA regulations, policies, and procedures applicable to the ODA functions.
• Comprehensive knowledge of creating, gathering and reporting out of SAP
• Sufficient technical knowledge, training, skill, and experience for the type of ODA sought.
• Within 6 months in role, successfully complete Part I and Part II of the FAA Initial Aircraft, Engines, Propellers and Articles training. In addition, the candidate must pass Part I and Part II of the FAA ODA Administrator training and other required FAA training.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.