Builders FirstSource Maintenance Technician in Surprise, Arizona
Surprise AZ Truss, 13550 West Peoria Avenue (85379), 13550 West Peoria Avenue, Surprise, Arizona, United States of AmericaReq #18768
Monday, February 22, 2021
Under minimal supervision the Maintenance Technician III is a senior level position and is responsible for conducting machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service with high efficiency. Performs duties under the direction of the Maintenance Manager and Leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical and electrical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Performs building, lighting, and plumping repairs for Facility as needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
• Associate’s degree preferred;
• 5 years of related experience
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid driver’s license
• Ethical Conduct
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Technical Capacity
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of industry safety practices
• Knowledgeable in the use of a variety of hand and power tools
• Language Skills-The ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. The ability to print and speak simple sentences.
• Reasoning Ability-Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including over time as needed.
• May be required to drive to other facilities.
• Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Frequently required to sit.
• Occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear.
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
• Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
• Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
• Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Surprise AZ Truss, 13550 West Peoria Avenue (85379), 13550 West Peoria Avenue, Surprise, Arizona, United States of America