Sonora Quest Medical Laboratory Technician I - 10925 in Sun City West, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663373 City:
nAZ-Sun City Westn
nOn Call (CA) 0.001 - 1-11 Hoursn
Required to Work:
nWeekends, Holidays, On Calln
On Call Medical Lab Technician needed at Banner Del Webb Medical Center
nSonora Quest Laboratories, a joint venture between Banner Health and Quest Diagnostics, is the nation's largest integrated laboratory system with approximately 3,100 employees serving more than 23,000 patients every day throughout Arizona. We are the market share leader in clinical laboratory testing in Arizona, performing more than 60 million diagnostic tests per year. We are CAP accredited and are the only healthcare company ever to receive our state's highest quality award, the Arizona Governor's Award for Quality . n
nWe are seeking knowledgeable, resourceful, and adaptable employees who enjoy busy work environments, problem solving, and innovative process improvement. We want to have the best possible impact in patient diagnostic outcomes and are looking for like minded, patient focused folks who genuinely care about patient care.n
This position performs waived and non-waived tests as defined by CLIA '88 in an accurate and timely manner with supervision. Assists with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agencies and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA '88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA). Personnel report to department supervisor.
• Associate's Degree in medical laboratory science, OR
• Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical or biological science, OR
• Have successfully completed military training of 50 or more weeks and served as a medical laboratory specialist. Military must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
• Basic Computer skills.
• Students may be hired at the job title equivalent to their future certification under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (MLT), student's clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and student must complete the MLT program within one year of hire.
• MLT certification (ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB).