KC's Home Health Care Intake Coordinator in Scottsdale, Arizona
KC's Home Health Care, along with Sante' Home Health is a full-service Medicare CHAP certified Home Health agency committed to providing “Care with Compassion” and fulfilling the needs of the community to the best of our ability. We strive to develop innovative solutions through education to enhance home health care services to our clients, respect all human life and dignity, strive to improve quality of life, and encourage all of our caregivers to share in our mission.
Our services include: nursing, physical, occupational and speech therapy, social workers and home health aides. Specialized programming is available for those with COPD, pain, and congestive heart failure. We are seeking experienced home health professionals who enjoy variety, mobility and are focused on the needs of our patients.
Sante’ Home Health, along with KC’s Home Health Care currently has an opening for a Scheduler - Intake (Admissions) Coordinator. As part of the Home Health Intake team, the Scheduler’s primary responsibility will be the coordination and management of scheduling patient visit for our team of Home Health clinical and therapy staff. Additional duties in the referral and initial admission process are also included in this role. The Scheduler will develop close working relationships with the Santé staff to help create excellent admission outcomes and maintain efficiencies in the scheduling process. This is an extremely fast paced, intense position. The most successful Schedulers can stay calm and focused under pressure and have the ability to achieve results quickly and accurately, while maintaining a high level of customer service in a team atmosphere. Shift is Monday-Friday, approx. 9:00– 5:30pm, with possible weekend rotation. This position is based out of our main Sante’ Operations office in N. Scottsdale (101 Princess Dr.)
Essential Job Functions, Responsibilities and Activities:
- Handles phone inquiries, checks for referrals, and processes them accordingly in the most expedient way to avoid losing a potential patient due to a lack of timely response.
- Communicates with the Liaison and referral source notifying them of having received the referral and letting them know that an answer will be provided promptly on the acceptance or denial of such referral.
- Reviews health records prior to accepting referral.
- Creates a chart for the new patient.
- Verifies Primary Insurance coverage.
- Obtains authorization (if applicable) by calling appropriate insurance provider.
- Costs out medications and obtains approval from the Administrator, if necessary.
- Notifies the Liaison if the medication costs and insurance are approved so they can complete their evaluation of the referral. Required Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or GED. Experience:
Minimum of one (1) year experience with either: admissions in a Skilled Nursing Facility, or hospital discharge, or case management required. Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Ability to type at a minimum 40 words per minute.
- Knowledgeable of medical practices, terminology and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to home health.
- Able to relate positively, favorably and cooperatively with others, including physicians, associates, guests, visitors, and personnel of outside agencies and organizations.
- Must have the ability to hold in confidence any information regarding guests, personnel, or any other matters which are confidential in nature.
- Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
- Must demonstrate outstanding verbal communication, customer-focus and problem solving skills, excellent judgment and proactive manner are required.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a busy setting, projecting a friendly and professional image. Must be versatile and adapt to changing job duties and priorities, and/or emergent or stressful situations.
- Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
- Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
- Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner.