Salt River Project Wireless Telecom Construction Consultant in Phoenix, Arizona
Wireless Telecom Construction Consultant
Date: Aug 5, 2021
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
Has lead responsibility for coordination of specific phases of SRP participation on contract and SRP force account construction projects. Participates in the total project management function directed at producing a functional installation completed on schedule and within budget. Coordinates all phases of engineering design, procurement of materials and services, construction, start-up, and closeout of project.
• Lead field representative responsible for coordination construction activities on behalf of SRP cellular and wireless site construction and maintenance.
• Job estimating and planning as well as evaluation of the feasibility of new sites.
• Tracking and communication of job costs with an awareness of industry norms and market costs for analysis of cost performance.
• Oversight and coordination of outsourced labor with an ability to right size or reshuffle crew makeup to meet customer needs while adhering to union guidelines.
• Inspection of work practices and ensuring final product adheres to SRP and industry standards.
• Material ordering, coordinating, and warehousing both within SRP and with external vendors used by carriers and their contractors.
• Management of crew scheduling and job coordination specific to wireless communications projects.
• Monitors contractor schedules to insure feasibility and alert management of possible problem areas.
• Monitors and logs construction progress in the field and coordinates activity as required to maintain job progress and adherence to specification.
Completion of an Associate's degree, Apprenticeship, or 60 college credit hours from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Requires a minimum of seven years of experience. Experience as an engineer or construction in work involving power/water utilities or comparable experience in a construction management organization.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Extensive experience with constructing and maintaining cellular and wireless communication sites.
• Experience within or working directly with the utility industry in relation to wireless projects.
• Knowledge and understanding of Carrier Diagrams and Data Sheets (RFDS)
• Motorola R56 certification (Standards and Guidelines for Communication sites)
• Basic understanding of SRP electrical grid as it relates to coordinating outages to perform work
• Basic understanding of structural steel designs/ cellular tower and monopole mounts
• Training or certification in troubleshooting processes and testing equipment. (PIM, Anritsu, Fiber)
• Knowledge of electrical codes, standards and installation details as both power and telecom industries.
• Knowledge of SRP standard procedures and work management systems.
• Strong crew management skills with the ability to communicate and adapt as field conditions or customer requirements change.
• Construction management skills as related to contract administration, cost and schedule control.
• Knowledge of union contracts and craft labor.
• A multi-discipline working knowledge of construction methods & practices.
• Knowledge of tower climbing practices, rescue and safety
• The ability to resolve conflict between organizations associated with the project.
Requisition ID: 13129
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance