AMETEK, Inc. Weathering Technician, Temporary to Permanent in Phoenix, Arizona
Weathering Technician, Temporary to Permanent
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Hours of Work:
Location:US - Arizona - Phoenix
Division:PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Education Required:High School Diploma
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
Atlas is seeking a Weathering Technician to join our Phoenix, Arizona team. This position is a temporary to permanent role. This position is 50% Indoor, 50% Outdoor. Hours are Tuesday thru Saturday 8:30am to 5pm
This position will provide technician support to the Weathering Department (Static and Evaluations) and will be responsible for:
• Assists with receipt and shipping of incoming and outgoing test samples.
• Prepares specimens for exposure by mounting and exposing as per client requirements.
• Set up new orders, log specimen into computer using AWSG database.
• According to list, acquires folder, retrieves samples, marks location, completes paperwork (sign and date).
• Retrieves specimen for evaluation according to daily work list of tests due.
• Evaluates specimens at the designated intervals both in the laboratory or field, per industry standards and client specifications.
• Performs washes and measures gloss, distinctness of image (DOI), color, haze, and optical property readings at the scheduled intervals, using appropriate equipment as per the applicable standards.
• Verification/ Standardization of instruments on a daily basis, or as needed by specification and company policy.
• Generates reports for clients
• Returns samples to field for resumption of testing.
• Performs field inspections (visual) and/or field washes, as per folder instructions; enters into computer.
• Machine/Testing equipment housekeeping
• Perform visual inspections utilizing weathering degradation knowledge
• Able to calibrate machines, complete necessary logs and records relating to preventative maintenance.
• May communicate with customers regarding industry standards (to explain the standards), provide test results, discuss changes in evaluations (as required by client) if needed.
• Able to effectively answer client questions and concerns via telephone, fax, email, or while visiting the site if needed.
• Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of departmental activities, cross-trained in most activities within the department, and able to facilitate the work flow within the department.
Quality and customer driven
Must have a high level of visual acuity. Able to differentiate color, light and texture change.
Ability to lift 25 lbs or more on a continuous basis
Standing for long periods of time
Carrying 25 lbs or more on a continuous basis
Ability to work outdoors for an extended period of time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.