Curbell Inc. Warehouse Assistant I in Phoenix, Arizona
This position is responsible for performing all aspects of warehouse functions for a branch operation in a safe, efficient, and timely manner. A moderate level of supervision is provided for the Warehouse Assistant I job.
- Performs general warehouse duties – Fills orders in a timely manner by operating warehouse equipment and machinery including operating a fork lift, computing and optimizing yields, and cutting material to size. Loads and unloads delivery trucks as needed, and uses SAP and other tools to receive and ship materials. Processes operational activities in SAP through work orders and prepares proper documentation including transfer orders, bills of lading, delivery notes, work orders, call tags for non-conforming material and others as required.
- Safety and Continuous Improvement – Participates in continuous improvement activities including submitting ideas to help drive improvement. Follows company safety policies and procedures and looks for ways to improve safety in the facility.
- Maintain inventory accuracy – Maintains accurate inventory levels in SAP by correctly filling orders, organizing the material in the warehouse and conducting regular inventory counts. Notifies the Purchasing Department of materials that appear to be out of stock and or under or over supply.
- Provide high level of quality and customer service – Provides a high level of customer service for both internal and external customers, displaying a high sense of urgency. Verifies conformance of products to specifications by following quality guidelines including the use of proper measuring devices, inspection of incoming and outgoing material for quality, and documentation through the quality process.
- Troubleshooting - Resolves warehouse and production issues, completes preventative maintenance, troubleshoots malfunctions, and performs minor repairs as needed. Communicates errors in product, equipment, and other issues that may arise in fulfilling orders.
High school diploma or GED.
*Previous cutting or carpentry experience preferred. *One year warehouse and shipping & receiving experience.
Job Specific Requirements
*May be required to travel on occasion. *Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proficient in SAP, or similar system. *Forklift certification. *Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills. *Must be eligible to access and review export controlled materials in compliance with U.S. export control laws.
*Ability to use industrial equipment such as mobile stairs, powered industrial trucks, pallet jacks and panel saws *Ability to identify and distinguish colors *Must be able to wear standard personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, respirators, hearing protection and steel toed shoes *Ability to perform frequent strenuous physical activities including extensive standing, walking, and bending *Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull a maximum of 75 pounds
Innovative. Creative Problem Solving. Entrepreneurial.
Perhaps not the words that spring to mind when thinking about purchasing plastics, but at Curbell, they are what set us apart from the competition. Finding solutions to meet our customer’s specific business challenges has made us one of the nation’s premier suppliers of plastic sheet, rod, tube, and related materials, supplying hundreds of plastic products to serve commercial businesses across the U.S.
Sure, you can search online or in catalogs for the product you think you need and hope for the best. Or, you can benefit from Curbell’s expert advice on possible material options for your application or specific project. For over 76 years, Curbell has provided a full line of quality plastic materials, related products and specialized programs whenever and however you need them.
The difference is our people. At Curbell Plastics, we choose employees who thrive on developing and implementing innovative approaches for their customers and who delight in finding new ways to go beyond expectations. They are rewarded with a corporate culture that values innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit, and that can provide rewarding career opportunities.
For more information, visit www.curbellplastics.com.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
Title: Warehouse Assistant I
Location(s): Phoenix, AZ;
Posted Date: 4/23/2020
Employment Type: Full time
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
Travel Required: 0%