Penske Truck Driver Recruiter / Hiring Specialist in Phoenix, Arizona
Why join Penske as a Recruiter for the Driver Hiring Center (DHC), you ask? It’s simple. You will be the "voice" of Penske - the person greeting our driver candidates via phone and sending them off with a smile. This exciting role will work in our hiring center and support operations across the United States and Canada. You will work as a part of a team who is committed to ensuring a high-touch, personal approach with driver candidates.
In this role, you will have responsibility for sourcing, interviewing, and scheduling (clinical services and road tests) as well as making hiring decisions and extending job offers within a complete life-cycle recruiting process. You will interact with candidates and our field operations managers via phone and electronic correspondence.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about discussing driving careers and building relationships over the phone, have high energy and a positive attitude, and who have an attention to detail and capacity to deliver results. In this role you will need to be proficient in the use of technology, being able to capture candidate information via phone while managing multiple screen computer applications.
Candidates for this position can expect to work a standard schedule between 9:00am-6:00pm Monday through Friday.
Driver Lead Sourcing and Management:
• Actively source and manage driver leads via inbound and outbound calls, e-mail, social media, resume and other internet databases, and associate referrals.
• After qualifying driver candidates, you will present them the total value proposition and benefits of working with Penske, and discuss the details of Available driver opportunities.
• You will accurately capture and manage driver information in our lead capture system, Salesforce.com.
• For driver leads that may not currently meet our requirements or have interest in current openings, you will use our systems and processes to keep them engaged for the future.
Application Completion and Candidate Management:
• Take phone applications from qualified driver leads, accurately capturing their information into Penske’s application systems.
• Ensure all applications are fully complete and accurate per company and DOT requirements.
• Manage candidates in our application system, Taleo Enterprise, in accordance with all company procedures.
Phone Screening and Selection:
• Conduct phone and/or video interviews with qualified candidates, utilizing Penske’s selection process and tools as directed.
• You will be responsible for ensuring that all candidates meet minimum qualifications.
• The hiring decisions you make have a direct impact on our business operations and external customer success.
Recruiting Administration and Coordination:
• Manage a timely candidate process within Penske’s expected thresholds.
• Expediting and ensuring all new leads, candidate follow-up, and internal customer follow-up are executed with priority. Return all messages before leaving work each day.
• Manage the candidate processes such as ordering driving records and initiating background screening services through a third-party.
• Scheduling drug screening/physicals for candidates with approved clinics and notifying providers. Schedule road tests and manager introductions with our location managers and other operations personnel.
• Ensure compliance with all federal/state hiring laws and regulations.
• Actively demonstrate company commitment to diversity and inclusion strategies to ensure strong, diverse candidate slates.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
• At least 2 years of prior work experience in one of the following is required:
-Part of a recruiting function.
-In a call center where you were responsible for making decisions.
-In a customer facing retail environment where you were responsible for making decisions.
-In a role where you managed or hired truck drivers.
• Experience interviewing and hiring highly preferred.
• Prior demonstrated experience using computer programs such as including Microsoft Office, sales or contact information software, internet search, and social media required.
• Ability to listen, type, and accurately capture information simultaneously required.
• Prior responsibility for accurately following processes and procedures required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent years of relevant work experience.
• Knowledge of transportation industry and/or prior driver recruiting experience is a plus.
• Bilingual Spanish or French-Canadian preferred
• Ability to interact, in a professional manner with applicants, drivers and other employees
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with keen attention to detail for documenting/record keeping
• Multitasking is necessary, as is the ability to plan and organize workload. Must be flexible to handle pressure and work with interruptions.
• Ability to work independently; show initiative, and be a self-starter.
• Ability to learn new programs quickly is preferred.
• Willing to work in a fast-paced environment with defined performance metrics.
• Willing to work flexible non-traditional hours (evenings and weekends) is required.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Driver Recruiter, Transportation Recruiter, CDL Recruiter, Recruiting Assistant, Recruiting Coordinator, Recruiter, Talent Acquisition Specialist, CDL, Dispatch
Work Locations: 1100 N. 43rd Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85043
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Job: Human Resources
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Human Resources
Req ID: 2102118