Oracle Technical Product Manager- OCI, Government Public Sector in Phoenix, Arizona
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is the next generation cloud service built from the ground up for the most demanding application requirements with diverse performance, reliability, and governance requirements for a variety of customer use cases. OCI has focused on security, reliability, scalability and flexibility to support existing and future enterprise level large and complex deployments while beating industry performance and pricing standards. We are rapidly expanding our cloud region footprint and continuously building innovative solutions for our worldwide government and public sector customers.
Are you ready to take on the next big challenge in your career? Do you understand the impact and benefits of cloud technologies to Government customers? Do you enjoy creating a broad vision and are you also a laser-focused, results-oriented go-getter who relentlessly pursues solving some of the toughest government enterprise challenges? We are looking for exceptional go-to-market product managers who have public sector experience either from the end-user side of the IT cloud implementation experience side. This is an amazing opportunity to join Oracle and work with a team at the forefront in a generational shift in computing.
• You will have recent, pertinent experience with US or global government and public sector customers, market, competition, and regulatory frameworks.
• Working from the U.S., you will support sales leadership outside the U.S. market, very often outside normal U.S. working hours, to drive to closure large, dedicated region cloud deals with government customers.
• You will support sales with workload characterization to drive annual consumption commitments for national security regions and dedicated regions.
• You will partner with sales and marketing to compose high-quality technical cloud product collateral and government-topic whitepapers that contain the OCI value proposition in our commercial and government regions.
• You will drive product strategy and direction that translates into high-value features by working with and influencing engineering teams to invest, iterate, and deliver those features to our global government customers.
• You will take the OCI product value proposition to the government market by training and supporting global sales organizations and our customers to maximize product adoption.
• U.S. public sector related experience minimum. International public sector experience is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication - there will be a writing test as part of the interview process
• Flexibility and comfort with ambiguous product decisions
• Cloud Security, Risk, and Compliance awareness as it relates to our government customer regulatory requirements e.g. FedRAMP in the U.S. experience is a plus.
• Current global awareness of data sovereignty concerns, global privacy, regulatory frameworks, and laws such as GDPR, and the U.S. Cloud Act.
• Build value propositions, messaging, and guidance for sales, partners, press, and analysts
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience with cloud technologies, compute, virtualization, networking, and storage. Capacity planning and migration from on-premise to cloud is a plus.
• Extremely comfortable working remotely across multiple lines of business and time zones, must be self-motivated, directed, and enthusiastic.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Within the first 6 months, must train and take a test to obtain Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Foundations Certificate.
Summary Description and Job Requirements
• Work on the global government go-to-market team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the development and maturation of Oracle’s Global Government Cloud portfolio. Understand and prioritize competing customer requirements for features, workloads, security, and compliance. Support pre-sales and post-sales engagement with strategic customers as the voice of the engineering and development organization. Contribute to go-to-market asset development and enablement of the sales field and partners. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading content contributor individually and as a team member. Multi-lingual French, German, Spanish a plus but not required.
Preferred Location: DC Metro or East Coast
Job: *Product Development
Title: Technical Product Manager- OCI, Government Public Sector
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000RJ2