Aerotek Specimen Accessioner in PHOENIX, Arizona
Sorting of urine/blood/stool/nasal swab tubes – requires standing for long periods of time and ability to do repetitive work for the greater part of an 8 hour shift.
Distributing samples to testing locations – requires walking in a large area in an 8 hour shift.
Imaging requisitions – requires standing and sorting of documents for up to 4 hours in an 8 hour shift.
Data entry of medical documents – requires high levels of accuracy and speed, sitting and keying for the greater part of an 8 hour shift. Normally, they need to be successful for several weeks doing the other duties before being trained on the data entry.
Expediting samples with a cart to various departments
Opening vials under a biosafety cabinet and hood for alloquoting.
This is an entry level position and the candidate needs to be able to wear a face shield, gloves, lab coat and be comfortable handling blood, urine, stool, nasal swab (for COVID) samples.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: HS diploma or GED. Lab experience and data entry is preferred, but not required. Successful individuals have data entry skills (10 key by touch for accurate typing), ability to do repetitive work and be happy doing it, ability to type with accuracy .
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous medical/lab or production experience is preferred
• Comfortability with handling biological specimens
• Ability to accurately identify specimens
• Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills
• High level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask
• Ability to work in a fast paced production environment and meet established turn-around times
• Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
• Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
• Flexibility to work overtime as needed
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.