Veritas Senior Principal Program Management/Operations Analyst in Phoenix, Arizona
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
Veritas Customer Success is responsible for ensuring that Veritas’ customers are successfully exceeding the value of their investment in Veritas solutions and coordinating the company focus on the end-to-end customer relationship. Customer Success includes customer support and care, professional and business critical services, and renewal sales.
Manager CSTS Technical Program Management and Data Governance
- Owns the planning, execution and control of multiple strategic programs within the CSTS organization ensuring on time delivery of key milestones
- Drives the creation and communication of timelines for each enterprise program and initiative to keep all key stakeholders current on progress and identifies potential risks and issues needing attention
- Helps define and execute the roadmap and strategy to develop and implement approved enterprise applications for the CSTS organization
- Enhance data quality and data governance across multiple lines of business
- Drives a culture of quality, technical curiosity, continuous improvement, and evidence-based decision making in the organization
- Establishes strong relationships across the organization; engages and aligns key stakeholders; ensures effective communication at all times
- Facilitates meetings and workshops with all team levels and across multiple business units of the organization
- Communicates effectively through multiple formats ensuring attention to detail and providing the right message to the right stakeholder
- Participate in various teams across the organization utilizing different project and work methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- 5+ years project/program management experience for cross functional programs
- 3+ years’ experience direct management of teams or 8+years of indirect management of teams
- Ability to develop and manage multiple initiatives/projects independently and work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision required and with minimal resources
- Project management, problem structuring, and strategic problem-solving skills and mentality working with others to find solutions to problems
- Proven collaborative working style amongst diverse functions, regions and cultures
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to effectively resolve conflict amongst stakeholders to drive to solutions
- Ability to quickly respond, efficiently manage time and shift from one task to another while managing daily priorities
- Excellent business communication skills (verbal and written) particularly with the ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .