Salesforce.com, Inc Senior Account Executive, Higher Education in Phoenix, Arizona
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
About MuleSoft, a Salesforce Company
Our mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world’s applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald’s, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we’re committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We work tirelessly to build this culture, and we’re proud to have been named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area and a best place to work 6 years in a row.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” seven years in a row and #1 on the FORTUNE ‘100 Best Companies to Work For®’ List. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Job Titles: Senior Account Executive, Higher Education
● Define and execute territory / account sales plans for assigned geographic territory and then meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities within the Education sector.
● Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline.
● Develop and manage partner relationships in Higher Education and K-12 entities.
● Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system (ie, SFDC).
● Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering.
● Provide product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers.
● Nurture and expand the company’s relationship with customer accounts of all sizes.
● Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system.
● Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
● Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff.
● Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
● Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
● Other duties as assigned.
Who you are...
● Experienced. 8 – 10 years of enterprise software sales experience. Minimum of 5+ years of experience selling into Education (Higher Ed preferred).
● Performer . Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory
● Domain . Experienced in selling disruptive technology, complex deals to Academia.
● Sales Cycle Expert . You have expertise at the Transactional & Enterprise Level. You lead prospects and customers as opposed to reacting to customer requests. You know how to drive the deal.
● Excellent Communication . You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
● Missionary. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in MuleSoft’s mission. You can go beyond relationship management.
● You are a Recruiter ! MuleSoft hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Across all sales teams, we are looking for the following attributes:
Consultative selling experience
Strong Communication Skills
Strong Business Acumen
Has a competitive spirit
Ability to collaborate
Drive for results
Ability to work in fast-paced, team environment
Strong Executive Presence
Experience articulating ROI
Solution Selling Ability
Strong Discovery Skills
Objection Handling Skills
Planning and Closing Skills
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. (http://cloud.mail.salesforce.com/accommodations-request-form)
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.