Kiewit Corporation Rail Scheduler in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 109102
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Project Controls Scheduling
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Scheduler, you will get the opportunity to work closely with construction and engineering operations as you develop engineering and construction schedules. You will be responsible for building and updating schedules as various milestones and project deliverables are completed or added to scope of work. Provide updates to key project team members on the progress of project progression.
Kiewit Southwest District specializes in heavy civil, transportation and water projects, we typically self-perform a large portion of the work. We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, PCCP paving, utilities and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry with safety, quality, costs and schedule in mind.
• Work closely with project managers, engineers, designers, procurement staff, construction managers, contractors and other project services staff to provide detailed planning and scheduling of projects from conceptual planning through engineering and construction
• Develop resource loaded schedules, including lists of activities, major milestones, critical approvals, long lead procurement items and other critical project deliverables to be scheduled and tracked for the projects
• Develop schedule logic and constraints, realistic activity durations and available manpower and resources
• Assess the impact of design changes and schedule slippages and inform company management and clients of all schedule updates
• Apply vast knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction terminology and concepts to develop and maintain critic path logic networks; accumulate and access historical data for use in maintaining realistic future planning and forecasting
• Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems. May interface with clients, attend regular meetings and give statistical reports
• Minimum 5 years' experience in construction scheduling specifically in the transportation or heavy civil industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or technical training and related experience
• 3+ years’ construction scheduling experience, including three years of experience working on rail related projects.
• Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes and standards, and an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units
• Working knowledge of standard cost control methods utilized in the execution of various types of project (EPC, Joint Venture, Lump Sum, time and Material, Maintenance)
• Proficiency in various project controls software such as Excel, Primavera, and other company-specific software
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.