Kiewit Corporation Project Manager - Water/Waste Water Southwest District in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition ID: 116227
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Project Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to see more and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you the satisfaction of a job well done, but will help propel you forward in your career faster than you may expect. We’ll train you, develop your skills and allow you to take on power projects that will impact millions across North America.
Kiewit Southwest District specializes in heavy civil, transportation and water projects, we typically self-perform a large portion of the work. We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, PCCP paving, utilities and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry with safety, quality, costs and schedule in mind.
This position will be located out of our Phoenix, AZ District Office.
• Manage and direct project teams by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood.
• Establish project procedures consistent with contractual documents and quality plans for all engineering work; determine and oversee all project controls, schedules and budgets.
• Serve as project representative with client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence.
• Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
• Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
• Maintain ongoing communication with client, making adjustments as necessary to comply with client needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client and Kiewit needs.
• Ensure all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements.
• Provide ongoing training and mentoring to entry and midlevel engineers to promote employee development.
• Utilize extensive knowledge of basic engineering fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years experience managing water/waste water construction projects
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.