Avenue5 Residential, LLC Painter/Make-Ready in Phoenix, Arizona
Summary of Responsibilities
The painter| make-ready is responsible for painting the interior and exterior areas of the property. This position is also responsible for ensuring apartments are painted and made ready for move-in, as well as assisting the maintenance team with service requests as needed.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
· Schedules, monitors and performs work orders, as needed, such as painting.
· Wall repair and preparation, spackle.
· Ability to identify appropriate materials for each surface to be painted.
· Paints the interiors and exteriors of apartments in accordance with company guidelines.
· Performs property inspections to ensure the grounds are clean as well as to identify any problems.
· Responds to on-call pager when scheduled and performs emergency maintenance work when required.
· Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
· Ensures all work areas supplies are neat, clean and orderly after painting or when work orders have otherwise been completed.
· Complies with all policies, practices and applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
· Other duties as directed by property manager.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Minimum one year of previous painting and/or make-ready experience (or that of similar function) is preferred.
Skills and Requirements
· Ability to read, write and understand English.
· Including paint sprayer, roller, brush, paint pad, etc.
· Adheres all OSHA guidelines.
· Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key track system.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to others.
· Strong organizational and time-management skills.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
· Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
· May be required to possess a valid driver’s license if required to drive.
· Must comply with all safety requirements.
· Required to complete and successfully pass the Avenue5 Fair Housing, Diversity and Inclusion Training within the first 30 days of employment.
· Required to maintain a regular schedule which may require working overtime, weekends and non-traditional holidays.
· May be required to be on-call and aid during staffing deficiencies on-site.
· Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
· Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
· Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
· Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
· Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
Avenue5 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
· Ability to lift, push and pull up to 100 pounds.
· Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
· Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
· Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
· Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
· Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
· Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
· Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
· Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
· Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.