HonorHealth Medical Technologist- John C Lincoln Medical Center- Full Time- Nights TRANSITION INCENTIVE AVAILABLE in PHOENIX, Arizona
For this opening, we are looking for the following preferred qualification:
- 2 years of inpatient MT experience
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services with approximately 12,300 employees, 3,700 affiliated physicians and 3,100 volunteers. HonorHealth was formed by a merger between Scottsdale Healthcare and John C. Lincoln Health Network. HonorHealth’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of those we serve.
*Transition Incentives require 1 year of MT experience.
Job SummaryThe Medical Technologist is responsible to perform complex laboratory tests on blood, body fluids, cells, and tissues. Identify bacteria, parasites, and other microorganisms, analyze chemical content of fluids, and cross match blood for transfusion and aseptically prepare blood products. The results of these tests are used in diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Prepares and performs a variety of laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory to obtain laboratory results and data used for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
• Ensures that all testing is performed accurately and resulted as ordered within turn-around-time expectations. Completes all required documentation, and follows up on all unusual and critical results as required by policy and procedure.
• Obtains/receives and prepares specimens for analysis. Understands specimen factors that can affect the accuracy of laboratory testing and insures the integrity of the specimen through the testing process.
Understands the theory behind laboratory methods and operates various pieces of laboratory instrumentation used to obtain test results. Performs instrument maintenance, calibrations, quality control, and test procedures, troubleshooting and refers questionable or unusual cases to the technical supervisor, lab supervisor, director or pathologist.
Ensures compliance with all hospital, regulatory, safety, and accrediting agency requirements.
Maintains continuing education and competency requirements as defined by laboratory policy and certification agency requirements.
Proficient in hospital, laboratory and office computer systems.
•Assist, train and orient new staff and students in their respective lab disciplines.
•Assumes temporary leadership role in absence of supervisor.
•Assist in regulatory preparation.
•Maintains supply and reagent levels, and practices cost containment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EducationBachelor's Degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical or biological science OR HEW certificate with 4 years' experience in lieu of degree. Required