Sonora Quest Medical Laboratory Scientist / Tech - Microbiology - 9925 in Phoenix, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663389 City:
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hoursn
Required to Work:
nBanner University Medical Center: The Mega Micro Labn
nDid you know? At Banner University Medical Center, Phoenix, our Micro Department is a super charged clinical laboratory that has seen some of the most unique and interesting microbiology testing in the entire Phoenix metropolitan area? n
nNot only is Banner University Medical Center a nationally recognized academic medical center, this world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities, and was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report in the top 50 hospitals nationally for specialty care areas including Geriatrics, Nephrology and Urology. They also tied as the No. 2 hospital in Arizona along with Banner - University Medical Center Tucson. n
nWhat makes us excited about our microbiology department is that we are a full-service, core facility that services multiple hospitals and some commercial work throughout the valley. We get to work on some very unique testing that involves Bacteriology, Mycology, and Mycobacteriology (AFB) using molecular and conventional testing. We are THE experts in the valley for Nocardia and support other local hospitals throughout the valley with their cases as well. Our department is continually growing and works at a very high volume averaging 20,000 diagnostics tests per month.n
nWhile the learning opportunities are incredible, we think the best thing about our lab is the camaraderie and team work our group displays on a daily basis. Our group works hard, and we are all dedicated to ensuring quality patient diagnostic outcomes so we support each other in a positive and understanding environment. It is not uncommon for our employees to become life-long friends, even after they've left our lab or the valley.n
nThis lab is the perfect place for a passionate Clinical Microbiologist to work on some interesting and unique tests in a supportive environment that fosters learning and focuses on patient care. If you love Micro, come learn with us and grow your knowledge and career!n
nSonora Quest Laboratories, a joint venture between Banner Health and Quest Diagnostics, is the nation's largest integrated laboratory system with approximately 3,100 employees serving more than 23,000 patients every day throughout Arizona. We are the market share leader in clinical laboratory testing in Arizona, performing more than 60 million diagnostic tests per year. We are CAP accredited and are the only healthcare company ever to receive our state's highest quality award, the Arizona Governor's Award for Quality . n
nWe are seeking knowledgeable, resourceful, and adaptable employees who enjoy busy work environments, problem solving, and innovative process improvement. We want to have the best possible impact in patient diagnostic outcomes and are looking for like minded, patient focused folks who genuinely care about patient care.n
nWe have multiple shifts available, both for on call and full time for both medical laboratory scientists and medical lab technicians in our busy micro lab!n
• Bachelor's Degree in clinical laboratory science/medical technology, OR
• Certificate of completion of a Categorical equivalent of MLS program, OR
• Bachelor's egree in chemical, physical or biological science and certification (MLS or categorical).
• Students may be hired at the job title equivalent in clinical laboratory science under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (CLS), student's clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and student must complete program within one year of hire.
• Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation) or other nationally recognized credentialing agency.
• For certain specialty disciplines ONLY (Toxicology, Clinical Mass Spectrometry, etc.) where no certification is available from a certifying agency, a Bachelor's Degree with one year of experience in that discipline is required. Individuals with specialty certification may only work in the discipline of their specialty.
• MT or categorical certification (ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB).