Honeywell Lead Project Engineer - Product Cost Management in Phoenix, Arizona
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Power Systems (PS) Project Group is looking for a Lead Project Engineer to provide both technical and project engineering leadership within the Product Cost Management (PCM) team with emphasis on the large APU product portfolio. This role will work closely with the PCM team lead, Power Systems Business team, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME)/Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) and other relevant functional organizations across Aerospace to execute high value projects, to achieve competitive product cost targets, while embracing a sustaining model of continuous improvement.
The successful candidate must be able to apply their experience and knowledge of complex, mechanical systems (including APU, Propulsion engines, etc.) and strong project engineering experience, to lead multiple projects of high complexity within the portfolio of PCM projects. These projects may range from early pursuit product cost definition efforts with MPM, AME and the business leadership, the execution of PCM development projects, to leading large portfolio level projects across APUs.
Lead a portfolio of Cost Takeout projects, as well as support the PCM Team Lead in implementation of the PCM strategy, integrated plan and overall operating system.
3D Printing (Additive Manufacturing) (AM) with metals
Expansion of current PCM projects into similar-to/adjacent products
Schedule/budget (Control Account Management) responsibility for multiple PCM programs.
Support summary/status metric management and reporting of the PCM projects for which you are responsible.
You Must Have
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or Systems Engineering
• 8+ years of complex mechanical systems project engineering experience with APU/Propulsion products (or other complex mechanical system).
• Experience leading APU (or equivalent complex mechanical system) design and test efforts in base cell, altitude tank, endurance, etc.
• MS Project experience.
• Self-starter, working successfully with little direction as part of the PCM project team.
• Experience leading or executing successful verification/test campaigns for an APU (or other complex mechanical system) is a plus.
• Demonstrated track record in managing a complex portfolio of projects.
• Effective communication skills and ability to manage a cross-functional team in a matrixed environment, as well as customers and suppliers.
• Be comfortable with a high level of ambiguity
• Knowledge of Requirements-Based Engineering (RBE) is a plus (and how requirements may translate to product cost drivers).
• General business acumen and business/cost model experience is a plus.
• Proven experience in developing and/or enabling a team to achieve innovative solutions using various tools/techniques.
• Pragmatic problem solver with a strong execution focus.
• Black Belt or lean certification is a plus.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.