JPMorgan Chase Home Lending Manager - Centralized Sales - Phoenix, AZ in Phoenix, Arizona
A Lending Manager will lead a team with a span of control of Home Lending Advisors (HLA's) originating a broad variety of products to include Refinance, Purchase, and Cash Out; Conventional, VA, FHA, Jumbo, and Home Equity in a fast paced environment.
HLA's within CD, BSC, and HE are required to build a relationship with the customer, and through inbound and outbound consultative sales techniques, match the most appropriate Mortgage Banking product with the customer's need. HLA's are also required to solicit referral business from existing Client, Realtor, Corporate, and Branch relationships to build their own sources of business.
HLA's may serve client needs in all 50 states and must be familiar with associated programs, policies, and procedures.
Consumer Direct is a nationally scoped direct-to-consumer business with teams of HLA's located in sales centers in Phoenix, Columbus, Jacksonville and Milwaukee.
Centralized Sales specializes in customer retention and new customer acquisition refinance transactions, purchase money mortgages, ecommerce originations, Corporate Relocation, and Home Equity in all 50 states. Leads for Centralized Sales are sourced from centrally managed direct mail, media advertising, cross sell efforts, statement programs, Chase.com, electronic newsletters, outbound lead sourcing, and other marketing efforts.
Centralized Sales/Branch Sales Center supports the Consumer Bank in providing mortgage solutions to consumers for Retail Bank Branches that do not have an assigned loan officer -based in Downers Grove.
Centralized Sales/Home Equity also supports the Consumer Bank in providing Home Equity solutions to consumers via our Retail Bank Branches through Home Equity Centers in Milwaukee and Phoenix.
• Drive for Results - focused effort and attention on increased sales, quality, and compliance; organize efforts to best attain results; anticipate roadblocks, analyze metrics, and identify trends to ensure targets are met.
• Coaching - transfer skill sets to MBs via coaching, role modeling, and counsel; teach others how to improve performance and/or enhance competency; help staff to understand and put together an effective and compliant file and application.
• Focus on the customer - understand what drives customer satisfaction, transfer that knowledge and coach MBs to those key drivers take action on results in the form of recognition and change of behavior.
• Problem Solving Skills - identify effective alternatives and solutions for problems encountered in structuring a loan or processing the application; understand connections and implications of various actions and alternatives; select the best option using sound and customer-oriented criteria.
• Mortgage and Mortgage Banking Expertise - understand and apply mortgage products and product guides/procedures; understand and demonstrate knowledge of the diversity of Chase products/services and the advantages of each; understand state and local market needs and priorities of the clients; remain current with the mortgage industry and business/economic trends; demonstrate proficiency using automated programs/software to support the lending process; and effectively handle "problem" applications and escalations.
• Prioritizing - identify priorities and use time effectively to support the team by considering goals, needs, and current events; create focus in times of change; understand what will help or hinder progress and directing effort toward value-added activities.
• Strategic Sales Orientation - understand various lending markets and how to successfully navigate each; know what differentiates Chase in the state or local market and how to leverage those differentiators; understand National, State, and local competitors, current best practices, and typical loan structures.
• Composure - remain positive, focused, and even tempered in a fast paced, time sensitive environment and in challenging situations such as loan escalations.
• Networking Skills - develop and leverage networks of contacts, partners, and referral sources to support sales and build the brand; identify business opportunities by building referral sources; coordinate with closing partners to facilitate loan approval and processing.
• Adaptability - continually observe the market and the team to determine where assistance would be most helpful and direct attention and effort to areas of greatest need; work within structure and yet readily adapt to changes in it; manage multiple, customized loans in various stages of completion; adjust sales strategies/lead source and team focus in light of business/economic trends.
• Collaboration - share information and expertise with Bank partners, Vendors, Operations and UW Partners, and team members; work together to achieve work goals; be candid and honest with coworkers and referral sources; understand the roles, priorities, and goals of other stakeholders in the mortgage process (including internal partners, customers, and referral sources).
• Team Building - create effective teams by recruiting quality employees, understand individual strengths and weaknesses, identify and communicate a common goal and purpose, share information and "wins", respecting/valuing the contributions of each team member; encourage cooperation and integration of effort.
• Technical acumen - strong SME skills to interact with Training, Project Management, and Technical Developers to define business requirements leading to technical solutions. Demonstrate knowledge of Telephony/Call Center Management and associated System technology to maintain and lead new business initiatives
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leadership of a team of HLA's - manage recruiting, training, development, communication, lead source adaptability
• Drive Production
• Proficiency in all aspects of coaching Mortgage Telephone Sales - call/lead, lead/app, app/fund
• Proficiency in pipeline management - Doc Collection, Pre-Op, Conditional Approval, Suspend/decline
• Sales Development with Clients, Realtors, and Bank Branch Partners
• Demonstrated Expertise in Products, Procedures, Compliance, and Originations Systems in all 50 States
This position is subject to the Dodd Frank/Truth in Lending Act qualification requirements for Loan Originators. As such, an employment offer for this position is contingent on JPMC's review of your criminal conviction history, credit report, information available through NMLS, and any other information relevant to a determination by JPMC that you demonstrate financial responsibility, good character, and general fitness for the position. Note that any felony conviction within the last seven years will disqualify you from consideration for this position. Your continued employment in this position would be contingent upon compliance with Truth in Lending Act/Dodd Frank Loan Originator requirements.
In addition, this position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with JPMorgan Chase, you will be required to either register on NMLS, or to update your existing registration as necessary to grant access to and reflect your employment with JPMorgan Chase. Your continued employment in this position with JPMorgan Chase is contingent upon compliance with the SAFE Act, including successful registration immediately after your start date, and timely completion of annual renewal and required updates thereafter.
Any information obtained during the registration, update, and renewal processes or through NMLS notifications may impact your employment with the firm. Any of the completed information you provide during the Chase on-line application process may be transferred, on your behalf, to NMLS by JPMorgan Chase. Please carefully review the information you provide to Chase for accuracy and consistency and with any current NMLS record, if applicable, before submitting. Further information about NMLS and registration requirements of registration can be found at: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/SAFE/Pages/default.aspxChase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans