Belcan Help Desk Technician in Phoenix, Arizona
Help Desk Technician
Job Number: 314522
Category: Enterprise IT
A Technician - Help Desk Level 1 You will apply their skills by providing technical support to internal users over the phone, through the ticketing system, and in-person out of the Information Technology Services Group (ITSG). Candidates must have a passion for managing a large workload under tight deadlines as this team provides support for a variety of external customers with diverse technology solutions. Responsibilities will include providing the necessary support to address the customer's issues and/or requests in a manner that meets or exceeds agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs) within operations. In addition, as the front-line single point of contact Technicians will be challenged to be the Single Point of Resolution (SPR) or Immediate Incident Resolution (IIR). Technicians are the foundation and at times the catalyst for building the knowledge base.
Responsibilities and Daily Activities
· Maintain a Helpdesk presence during business hours.
· Actively work in the online ticketing system to triage, respond, and route tickets to the appropriate teams in a timely manner to maintain department service level agreements.
· Answer incoming calls during business hours to gather the necessary information to create a ticket on the customers behalf.
· Creating documentation and provide feedback on existing documentation to assist in building or updating processes.
· Occasionally field walk-up requests and 1st level Help Desk duties. Log and document detailed ticket activity until resolution is complete and ticket is closed with customer
· Collaborate with other analysts to determine resolutions for customer incidents and requests
· Create knowledge base entries for solutions that may be repeatable so that others can leverage against future incidents/requests
· Make outbound calls to internal/external customers as part of the Incident Management lifecycle
· Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements
· Exceptional customer facing/customer service skills
· Solid understanding of Information Technology and computing systems
· Solid networking fundamentals
· Familiar with Microsoft applications such as Windows operating system, Office applications, Outlook, and SharePoint
· Demonstrated a desire for self-directed education regarding IP, Networking and VOIP technologies
· Ability to help others while meeting individual performance goals
· Reliable customer support
· Competent technical troubleshooting
· A passion for Service Improvement
· Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
· Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
· Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
Office setting; use of work phones, computers, printers, and general office equipment.
Physical demands: minimal exertion; ability to occasionally bend and lift up to 50 pounds.
Travel:<5% -- Occasional travel to local offices for on-site support. Distance between buildings varies per city. Occasional travel to remote US locations as needed.
High School diploma required, Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience. ITIL Foundations Certification, actively pursuing, Vocational/Technical/Business School (6-8 Months specialized training) preferred, 2+ years in technical support environment and/or customer service
Full-time position (40 hours, Mon-Fri) with benefits. Due to the nature of our work US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Must be eligible to receive a US Government security clearance.
Location: Phoenix , AZ
Minimum Experience (yrs): 2+
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend (emailjobs.asp?jo_num=314522)
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog in (memberlogin.asp) to apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart