Aerotek Forklift Operator - $20-$24/hour in Phoenix, Arizona
Hiring Forklift Operators/Material Handlers
1st, 2nd, & 3rd shift openings
Prepare all customer orders for shipping including planning load diagram, palletizing, shrink wrapping, and racking orders in accordance to standard operating procedures and the customer’s shipping specifications. Must track all product date codes on the Customer Order Pack List for each product being shipped.
• Inspect, document, and load orders for shipment to the customer. Upon arrival, inspect trailers for cleanliness and temperature. Load palletized orders (take a random temperature of each customer’s product) and insert packing lists for each order. Complete Load Diagram with item, product code, size, quantity, customer, and number of skids per order for the driver.
• Receive, inspect, verify, unload, and rack ingredient and packaging materials for storage. Upon arrival of shipment, inspect truck and product for cleanliness, foreign material, damage, temperature, and accuracy. Complete the Incoming Inspection Report for Quality Assurance Department. If any of our quality specifications are not met, contact the Quality Coordinator for a decision on the acceptance or refusal of shipment. If the quantity does not match the pack list, contact your manager. Complete Receiving Record with date, purchase order number, quantity, and product description so it can be entered into the system by the Material Specialist or Shipping Clerk. Unload truck and rack materials for storage.
• Receive finished product from production for cooling, storage, and order preparation. Monitor temperature of product until it is properly cooled. Verify the amount of product received from production.
• Train new hires in all aspects of the Material Handler position.
• Assist production with the retrieval of ingredients and packaging materials for the production day. Check Production Run Sheet in the evening to determine types and quantity of products being produced the following day. Retrieve and transport to the production area all necessary packaging material and move all necessary ingredients in the warehouse so they are easily accessible for the production crew the following day. Help production crew throughout the day in retrieving any additional materials needed.
• Assist in the weekly and monthly tracking of physical inventory for finished product so Production Planner can plan production accordingly. Consolidate skids of products and provide a count by product type and code.
• Organize and clean warehouse on a continual basis which may include consolidating skids, racking skids of product, repairing broken skids, sweeping, cleaning and filling footbaths, recycling cardboard, and all other types of general housekeeping.
• Inspect and operate on a daily basis a wide range of powered industrial trucks. Report all necessary repairs to Maintenance Department immediately.
• Perform all duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Guidelines, Good Manufacturing Practices, safety policies, and other company policies.
• Assist team in improving quality and efficiency through continual development of material handling techniques.
• Assist Distribution Leader in building a strong team environment.
• Perform other responsibilities as necessary to contribute to the company goal of providing our customers with cost-effective, super-premium products and outstanding service.
material handler, Forklift, Shipping And Receiving, Pallet jack, material handling, shrink wrapping, Unloading, Loading, Inventory, Production line, Production, Sit down forklift, Stand up forklift
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1+ year of material handling experience
Forklift experience a must
Safe operation of powered industrial trucks with training.
Ability to legibly and accurately complete records.
Ability to work with little direct supervision.
Reading, writing, and basic math competency.
Three to five weeks of on-the-job training to obtain job’s base skill level.
• Frequent heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Exposure to cold environment.
• Driving to offsite warehouse
• Frequent bending
• Standing for long periods of time
• Exposure to noisy environment
• Steering of forklifts (elbow\shoulder)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.