CVS Health Finance Internship (Undergraduate) in Phoenix, Arizona
Start date: June 6th, 2022
End date: August 12th, 2022
Location: CT - Hartford, RI - Cumberland, AZ - Phoenix, IL - Northbrook
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: bringing our heart to every moment of your health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive, and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
• Projects that contribute to the success of our business
• Community service activities
• Professional development workshops
• Mentorship and networking opportunities
• Interaction with senior leaders
And our corporate interns have an increased likelihood to receive an offer for a future role with CVS Health.
About the Finance organization:
Our CVS Health Finance organization is continuing to build a world-class organization that advances our roles as strategic partners for the enterprise. Finance is comprised of corporate and shared services departments, as well as the financial teams that support our three business units: Health Care Benefits; Pharmacy Services; and Retail. Our Finance interns play a key role in supporting our mission.
You will work on:
The Finance Internship is a ten-week program that provides students interested in a finance and accounting career with an opportunity to develop financial and technical skills, learn about the healthcare industry, and develop leadership competencies.
As an intern, you will be placed into a summer role in departments such as:
• Enterprise Finance Planning and Analysis
• Health Care Benefits, Pharmacy Services, and Retail Finance
• Internal Audit
• Financial Systems
• Medical Economics
• And more
Our Finance organization will also provide you with immersive training, the opportunity to hear from Finance leaders, mentorship from Finance Leadership Program participants and alumni, and a chance to build a lasting professional network and support system. This internship serves as the premier entry point into the Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP), which is a three-year rotational experience designed to develop you into a future finance leader at CVS Health.
•Meet educational requirements (see education section)
• Have demonstrated leadership experience. Examples include: active roles in student or social organization activities, sports, or school or work-related projects
• Show strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have internship, work, or project experience in related field such as finance, accounting, or business
• Have experience with data analysis and visualization tools, for example Microsoft Excel to maintain spreadsheets and perform moderately complex functions
• Have an interest in obtaining full-time position within CVS Health upon graduation
• Finance interns may spend their summer working in one of the following locations: Hartford, CT; Cumberland, RI; Northbrook, IL; Phoenix, AZ. Housing and travel assistance is available to those that qualify.
• Demonstrate commitment to our core values: Innovation, Caring, Collaboration, Accountability, and Integrity
You must meet the follow qualifications:
• Be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. Students pursuing a consecutive Master’s degree will be considered (such as a 3 or 4+1 program)
• Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2022 and August 2023
• Have a major, minor or concentration relevant to the position. Examples include: Finance, Accounting, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics or similar quantitative majors
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.