Shermco Industries Field Service Electrical Testing Technician in Phoenix, Arizona
FIELD ELECTRICAL TEST TECHNICIAN (Substation, Switchgear)
Come join the largest independent electrical testing company in North America. We are seeking experienced Electrical Test Technicians to work from our Phoenix, AZ Service Center. Shermco Industries is accredited by NETA and has the safest and best workforce in the industry.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
Field Service Technicians inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Testing medium-voltage cables - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot
- Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc.
- Test both electro-mechanical, microprocessor and solid state relays
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee)
- Must have at least 2 or more years of relevant experience with most of the following or similar:
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- NETA or NICET Certification (Level II+) or equivalent skills/experience a plus.
- Prefer OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid/BBP/AED training; training on each can be provided by Shermco.
- Must have general PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with PowerDB a plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be available for regular overnight domestic travel and occasional international travel
- U.S. passport a plus.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays and nights.
- Must be able to fluently read, write, and speak English.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Shermco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Shermco is a drug-free workplace.
_NO AGENCIES PLEASE_
No Agencies Please. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Shermco System Integration employees, or to Shermco System Integration resume database will be considered Shermco property. Shermco will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.