University of Phoenix Director, IT Enterprise Architecture in Phoenix, Arizona
Director, IT Enterprise Architecture
US-AZ - Phoenix
Description and Requirements
The Director, IT Enterprise Architecture leads the Enterprise Architecture team and is a core member of the Information Technology Management team. The individual oversees strategy for all technology platforms and future technology architecture for UOPX and defines, supports and/or maintains the technology roadmap, ensuring all enterprise-wide systems and platforms support the UOPX and Information Technology Organization’s strategies and KPIs. The Director, IT Enterprise Architecture partners with key stakeholders in UOPX’s and IT’s Leadership team to ensure that strategic business requirements influence new technology selections and upgrades. Additionally, the individual drives the technology transformation toward digital and Cloud-based solutions. The Director, IT Enterprise Architecture also oversees the Enterprise Architecture team budget and sourcing, including the management of any third party consultants brought in to support any technology initiative.
As an active member of the IT Management team, provide the vision and strategic leadership for all UOPX technology; proactively develop, recommend and implement appropriate programs to meet the changing and growing IT needs of UOPX; prepare and present information on the strategic positioning of enterprise-wide IT related programs and initiatives; support the sourcing and management of external consultants and suppliers engaged in strategic IT initiatives.
Work with key stakeholders from the respective UOPX business units to drive the vision and direction for product applications; develop the corresponding IT product roadmaps, facilitate and implement Technology strategy planning and Technology Roadmaps across all technology disciplines and domains.
Lead the evolution of the enterprise architecture function/program; understand, advocate and support the enterprise IT strategies; oversee implementation of enterprise solutions that are scalable, adaptable and synchronized with ever changing business needs.
Establish, implement and monitor program evaluation systems for all programs, services and processes to ensure all areas of responsibility meet the strategic goals and objectives for the company; Create, own and implement a business value oriented Enterprise Architecture strategy that maximizes the usage of University of Phoenix key applications.
Select, mentor, coach and evaluate technology staff; establish and monitor appropriate employee performance objectives; prepare and present employee performance reviews; implement mentoring and coaching plans, or disciplinary action, where appropriate.
Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Ten (10) years of experience preferably in a related discipline, such as Information Systems, Enterprise Architecture, Application Architecture, Engineering, Computer Science or Management
• Comprehensive understanding of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC), Waterfall, Iterative, Kanban, and Agile development processes
• Strong knowledge of current innovations in Information Systems and Cloud related technologies
• Exposure to multiple, diverse technology and processing environment
• Knowledge in Enterprise Architecture processes and implementations, governance, standards, managing application portfolios, holistic architecture view, and strategic direction setting
• Master’s Degree
• Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes
• Intermediate knowledge of financial models and budgeting skills
• Proven high-level conceptual and strategic thinking and planning abilities to establish complex strategic plans, budgets, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, and plans to meet stated goals
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification
• Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and team members
• Understand the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics
• Strong Leadership skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apollo Education Group, Inc. and its subsidiary companies ("Apollo Education Group") are firmly committed to the concept and practice of equal employment opportunity and to providing a workplace and learning environment that is free from unlawful discrimination. As such, it is Apollo Education Group's policy not to discriminate against any employee (Faculty or Staff) or applicant for employment on the basis of age, citizenship, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, familial or marital status, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, training, educational assistance, transfer, promotion, leaves of absence, evaluation of performance, rate of pay or other forms of compensation and benefits, social and recreational programs, employee facilities, disciplinary action, and termination. An individual's employment, and future changes in work assignments, shall be based entirely on the individual's ability, education, training, relevant experience, performance, and other valid job requirements.