Avenue5 Residential, LLC Area Maintenance Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
Who We Are and Who We Serve
Avenue5 Residential provides multifamily property management services as well as comfortable apartments for rent throughout the United States. We use our multifamily property expertise to serve:
· The multifamily owners who entrust us to care for their assets
· The residents who entrust us to care for their apartment homes
· The associates who entrust us to create opportunities for career growth and satisfaction
Summary of Responsibilities
The area maintenance manager is responsible for presenting various recommendations, developing scopes of work, managing unit interior renovation projects of all types, managing supplier relations, and analyzing properties with respect to capital needs, budgeting, and maintenance.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
· Obtain bids, create contracts, and verify contractor insurance certificates to ensure they meet the requirements set forth by owners and management.
· Manage capital projects including but not limited to overall tracking and management of projects, owner meetings, scope of work development, and city and county official communications.
· Work with engineers or engineering firms, track and manage projects, handle contract negotiations, and complete work approvals.
· Responsible for project budget as it relates to maintenance or capital improvements.
· Assess and recommend capital improvements with budget recommendations, implementing as necessary.
· Assess and recommend maintenance improvements with budget recommendations.
· Conduct annual maintenance inspections to company standards as necessary.
· Evaluate suppliers and their services on an annual basis based on quality, customer service, and pricing.
· Lead on-site maintenance staff in the diagnosis of problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structure, and appliance.
· Support property and regional managers with associate training and coaching.
· Promote and participate in company sponsored training programs
· Coordinate and lead maintenance manager meetings to discuss company and regional updates and relevant supplier initiatives.
· Schedule preventive and floating maintenance, if applicable.
· Perform other tasks as directed.
· Comply with all company policies and procedures as well as all applicable health, safety, local, and federal laws.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma is required. College degree is preferred.
· Minimum of five years of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is required.
· Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) knowledge is required.
· Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certification is preferred.
· Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification is preferred.
· Knowledge of (property) site functionality.
Skills and Requirements
· Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
· Ability to use a personal computer and with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Strong organizational and time-management skills.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully negotiate a contract.
· Ability to set goals and consistently meet deadlines.
· Ability to understand financial statements, such as profit and loss statements, general ledgers, and budgets, etc.
· Ability to use standard maintenance tools and equipment in a training capacity.
· Ability to perform intermediate mathematical and accounting calculations.
· Must be able to screen, interview, and train qualified maintenance staff.
· Knowledge of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
· Ability to multi-task and make quick, effective decisions.
· Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
· Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
· Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
· Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to comply with all safety regulations including, but not limited to: the use of back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
· Ability to be reachable at all times via phone except during approved time off.
· Ability to drive an automobile and maintain a current driver’s license and automobile insurance.
· Required to observe company dress code policy.
· Other license and/or certifications as required by state law.
· Required to maintain a regular schedule which may require working outside business hours, weekends and non-traditional holidays.
· Ability to travel at least 25%.
· Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
· Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
· Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
· Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
· Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
· Frequent exposure to airports, airplanes, rental cars, hotels, etc.
Avenue5 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
· Ability to lift, push and pull up to 100 pounds.
· Ability to walk around the property several times daily, up to 10 miles a day.
· Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
· Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
· Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and stoop for extended periods of time.
· Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
· Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
· Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
· Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
· Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
· Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
· Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.