QuEST Global Advanced Manufacturing Project Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
Advanced Manufacturing Project Engineer
Would you jump at the chance to start your own business, but with the support network and funding of a global company behind you? Have you been waiting for a chance to apply your experience product manufacturing using innovative solutions for major OEMs and Suppliers in a variety of industries? If you are fatigued with bureaucracy, come and create a new business with us.
Who is QuEST?
Our goal is to become the most recognized and trusted global engineering partner for our customers—Fortune 500 companies in the Aerospace, Medical Devices, Oil & Gas, Power, and Transportation industries. We know we can find solutions to their most important technical and business challenges they encounter. We aren’t consultants. We help them make their products the most competitive in the world and that’s how we’ve grown to over 11,000 problem solvers from 50 centers around the world. We aspire to be a 100-year company, which doesn’t mean staid and boring, but rather, we evolve and adapt to create the frontier of the engineering services industry.
We just crossed the 21-year mark, and despite remarkable growth, we have maintained a culture of empowerment at all levels—what we call intrapreneurial. You will be part of the decision making to drive continuous improvements so we can stay happy and healthy as a business in a challenging industry. Not everyone is a great fit. We will throw you into the deep end (with lots of support), but if you want to swim, you have much opportunity. We’re not a place where laziness, ego, or rigid thinking fit in, and that’s intentional. You can do more at this company than you can in twice the time anywhere else. We accelerate success; you control the throttle and hold the yoke.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) – New Product Development (NPD) is our customer’s organizational link between Integrated Supply Chain and the product development functions of Engineering, Program Management, and the Strategic Business Units. AME participates in the execution of new product development programs to ensure product cost, capability, and producibility targets are achieved. Specifically, this involves evaluations of the design, the supply base, the product cost, the manufacturing factory, the manufacturing process capability, and the manufacturing yield of an end item product.
Responsibilities will include:
• Lead the implementation of new manufacturing techniques
• Interface with Program Management and Customers
• Review conceptual and development designs for cost, quality, manufacturability, and yield
• Manage Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) items to meet IPDS goals
• Manage Unit Product Cost (UPC) models to meet Flawless Launch and APQP goals
• Ensure Design benefit from the APQP artifacts of PMap, DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan, and PPAP
• Ensure Product benefit from the Flawless Launch artifacts of DFM Scorecard, Heat Map, PRR, and MRA
• Interface with Engineering and Sourcing to identify Suppliers meeting capacity, cost, and capability goals
• Identify and manage new product assembly, test, or tooling Capital needs
• Drive IPDS adherence for all ISC related items
• Manage Cost Take Out (CTO) efforts and risk mitigation plans
• Drive DFX (Manufacturing, Assembly, Test, Lean) activities
• Predict and Manage Product Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY) Efforts to Aero RTY goals
• Facilitate Production Readiness Reviews (PRRs) and associated Phase 5 action closures.
• Interface with Production Cell(s) to ensure smooth Production Transitions
• Provide AME/ISC scheduling, planning, and budget management to Program Management as required
• Drive IPDS adherence for all ISC related items in the Phase Exit Criteria Assessment (PECA) check sheets
• Achieve ISC Program Milestones, maintain required IPDS metrics and provide status presentations
We’re excited to talk to you if:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• 5+ years of Engineering, Program Management or Integrated Supply Chain experience
• Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
• Teamcenter and SAP experience valued
• Product knowledge in engines and APUs is valued
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Travel: 10 to 20% daily travel
Reports to: QuEST Project Leader
• An MBA in a business discipline is preferred but not required.
• Blackbelt certification and /or Lean Expert certification
• Experience with Honeywell Aerospace products or related products and customers preferred but not required.
• Professional Certification (i.e. ASQ-CQE/CQA, CPIM, CSCP, PMP) preferred but not required.
• A comprehensive knowledge of practices applicable to the manufacture of aerospace products including regulatory, military, commercial, and industry/customer standards (e.g., ISO9000, and AS9001) is preferred but not required.
• Program or project management experience preferred
• Supplier development project management experience a plus
• Displays strong analytical skills including data query writing and development
• Demonstrated capacity to meet aggressive deadlines while achieving excellent business results
• Exhibits successful ability with indirect leadership of diverse teams deploying complex processes
• Shows very strong written and oral communication skills to all stakeholders
• Established ability to manage multiple complex projects at once
• Experience working in multicultural environments and with others of diverse backgrounds preferred
Auto req ID:
Total Years of Exp: