Sonora Quest Medical Laboratory Scientist I - Payson - 10823 in Payson, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663400 City:
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hoursn
Required to Work:
nBanner Payson Hospital is a 44-bed Hospital and a three-time recipient of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Thomson Reuters. And we work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.n
nAfter 50 years of service to this community, we are excited to be the newest member of the Banner Health family. The hospital is now part of a nationally recognized system which has an outstanding reputation for patient quality, safety and innovation. Together we will continue to serve the Rim Country with the goal of expanding services and access to quality healthcare.n
nWe are seeking a knowledgeable, experienced laboratory technologist to work as a generalist. The ideal candidate is a generalist who has worked with all general testing areas of the clinical lab for this role.n
This position is responsible for a high level of technical knowledge and application of that knowledge to department testing, clinical relevance, and complex problem solving skills. This position serves as a department resource, and is responsible for assisting with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agency and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA '88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA).
• Bachelor's Degree in clinical laboratory science/medical technology, OR
• Certificate of completion of a Categorical equivalent of MLS program, OR
• Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical or biological science and certification (MLS or categorical).
• Students may be hired at the job title equivalent in clinical laboratory science under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (CLS), student's clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and student must complete program within one year of hire.
• Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation) or other nationally recognized credentialing agency.
• For certain specialty disciplines ONLY (Toxicology, Clinical Mass Spectrometry, etc.) where no certification is available from a certifying agency, a Bachelor's Degree with one year of experience in that discipline is required. Individuals with specialty certification may only work in the discipline of their specialty.
• MT or categorical certification (ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB).