Sonora Quest Med Lab Tech I - Phleb - Page - 9814 in Page, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663390 City:
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hoursn
nMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sundayn
Required to Work:
nWeekends, Holidays, On Calln
nPage is a nature lovers paradise! n
nWe are in need of a knowledgeable Medical Laboratory Scientist to perform moderate to high complexity testing on all general benches in the clinical lab at Banner Page Hospital in Page Arizona.n
nLocated in one of the most beautiful spots on the planet, Page provides easy access to natural treasures such as Horseshoe bend, Antelope Canyon, and Glen Canyon Dam.n
nThis position offers comprehensive benefits, generous paid time off, a 401K match, an goal sharing.n
This position performs waived and non-waived tests as defined by CLIA '88 in an accurate and timely manner with supervision. Assists with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agencies and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA '88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA). Responsible for the collection, receipt, and processing of biological specimens into the laboratory. Personnel report to department supervisor.
1. Performs testing in an accurate and timely manner according to established policies and performance standards with a knowledge level determined for that testing. Responsible for startup, calibration and accuracy of procedures and instrumentation. Exercises independent judgment and can identify appropriate resources in performance of assigned duties utilizing knowledge and skills. Demonstrates comprehension of theory and clinical relevance of testing. Demonstrates problem resolution and decision making skills for routine operational and technical problems. Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems used in the department and can perform basic troubleshooting of computer problems. Demonstrates awareness and complies with accrediting agency and regulatory requirements related to area of responsibility.
2. Recognizes and ensures validity of abnormal patient and/or QC results for testing. Ensures accuracy of test results. Participates in detecting and documenting occurrences that deviate from defined procedures. Demonstrates appropriate resolution and follow through for problem solving identified during testing. Promotes and consistently meets department standards for productivity and quality.
3. Ensures the appropriate use of supplies and materials and assists with inventory management. Ensures efficient utilization of reagents and supplies. Recognizes and provides input towards opportunities for improvements in financial performance to decrease costs, improve productivity, and improve service.
4. Self-directed and motivated to contribute to projects identified by the supervisor. Seeks out opportunities to identify projects relating to department needs. Active in training and competency of laboratory personnel. Performs well in supervisor's absence and provides guidance on issues relating to pre-analytical, waived and non-waived testing. Completes training module for newly hired/transferred personnel.
5. Communicates courteously, professionally, effectively and accurately with internal and external customers. Participates in the resolution of communication issues. Knows and utilizes appropriate resources for increased levels of problem solving. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills. Promotes positive communications that enha ces teamwork. Attendance and participation at staff meetings.
6. Processes and prepares patient samples as required to include the following: 1) specimen collection 2) general laboratory specimen processing and 3) referral laboratory processing. In doing so, ensuring correct patient and specimen identification and specimen integrity.
+ Associate's Degree in medical laboratory science, OR
+ Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical or biological science, OR
+ Have successfully completed military training of 50 or more weeks and served as a medical laboratory specialist. Military must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
+ Basic Computer skills.
+ Students may be hired at the job title equivalent to their future certification under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (MLT), student's clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and student must complete the MLT program within one year of hire.
+ Demonstrated competency in phlebotomy.
+ MLT certification (ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB).
+ Basic knowledge of specimen requirements and knowledge of medical terminology.
+ Completion of a LSA/SQL approved phlebotomy and/or laboratory assistant program.