Sonora Quest Patient Financial Advocate - 9771 in Mesa, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/3663406 City:
n(FA) 1.0 - 40 Hoursn
nMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Fridayn
Required to Work:
nLet's build your future, together .
We are one of the Most Admired Companies in Arizona and have received that honor for the past six years, most recently in 2018. Did you know that laboratory results impact 75% of the medical diagnostic process? All tasks performed by our Patient Finanacial Advocate play a critical role in helping physicians provide accurate diagnosis and medical treatment.
What does a Patient Financial Advocate do?n
Our Patient Financial Advocate acts as an advocate by providing information and support to help patients navigate the financial aspect of their laboratory services. The Financial Advocate provides financial counseling to patients in a personal interview at the point-of-service to obtain applicable patient financial and demographic documentation. Provides guidance to Patient Services staff to help manage patient flow throughout the intake process. Identifies potential Patient Financial Assistance & payment arrangements through internal or external patient financing programs.
n This position will work at our Patient Service Centers (outpatient facilities) in the East Valley including but not limited to Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Scottsdale and other cities in the East Valley. Ability to work at more than one facility in the East Valley is necessary. Depending on the site you work, ability to work shifts between 6 AM to 5:30 PM is needed. n
1. Advocates with patients during site intake process; appointment scheduling, registration (which includes entry of patient demographic information into Quanum), and assessment of patients' financial ability. On an as-needed basis, determines ability to pay, advises patients on insurance benefits, explains financial liability, collects payment, negotiates payment arrangements, secures financing, identifies funding sources and resolves any confusion the patient may have about their financial obligations to the facility.
2. Acts as a patient advocate & uses knowledge of internal processes and assistance programs for the purpose of patient education and referral.
3. Responsible for the accurate and timely verification of insurance benefits, to include: contacting patients and/or guardians to obtain additional insurance information, researching and maintaining an ongoing collective knowledge of HMO, PPO, Medicaid, Medicare, commercial health plans and self-pay processes. Communication may occur in-person, in writing or via phone.
4. Maintain appropriate documents, reports and records in order to comply with all relevant internal compliance, billing and organizational policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state, federal and local laws.
5. Provides relevant guidance to the site staff & informs site personnel on new & revised processes as they relate to the patient intake and payment collection process.
6. Establishes & maintains courteous, supportive and cooperative relations with patients and site personnel. Serves as a primary resource to patients and resolves patient concerns to include insurance and billing questions.
Who you are:n
• You LOVE interacting with others whether in person or over the phone. Talking to people is your thing.
• You are an excellent communicator. You can explain complex issues in the best ay possible in a polite and professional manner.
• You are a master of organization and can multitask. Need to function with different priorities? No problem for you.
• You have working knowledge of billing, insurance, and medical billing processes.
• You can manage your way around computers software and can easily learn new programs.
• You can work independently and accurately with high volumes of data and minimal supervision.
• Best of all - you love being empowered to help others.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Two (2) years' of related experience in medical billing or in a healthcare/clinical laboratory setting.
• Two (2) years' of customer service experience in a customer facing role.
• Order entry experience with entering insurance/billing information.
• Must be able to work weekends.
Nice to Have (but it's OK if you don't):n
• Associate's Degree in related field.
• Additional experience in medical billing and/or in a healthcare setting.
• Extensive knowledge of clinical laboratory operations.
• Additional experience in insurance collections including resolution of denials and the filing of claim appeals.
• Advanced working knowledge of Xifin.
• Comprehensive knowledge of ICD-10 coding, CPT coding, HCPCS codin