The Boeing Company Employee Assistance Specialist in Mesa, Arizona
The BoeingEmployee Assistance Specialistis responsible for assisting in the delivery of the global Employee Assistance Program & WorkLife Solutions (EAP) for The Boeing Company in collaboration with the EAP Program Leader.
The Boeing EAP Specialist is an experienced licensed behavioral health provider working in a non-management position as part of an integrated Health Services team to improve employee health and productivity.
The EAP Specialist will:
• Function as a company behavioral health subject matter expert, providing consultation to managers on complex behavioral health and chemical dependency matters as well as company crisis response.
• Assist with oversight of the delivery of EAP services by the suppliers, to ensure supplier quality and performance as well as compliance with company procedures and requirements (including EAP program metrics).
• Interface with EAP suppliers regarding complex operational issues, including process improvements and detailed management of condition of employment cases.
• Coordinate EAP services supporting the Drug Free Workplace program. Assist in EAP integration with Boeing programs including On-site Clinics, Well Being Programs, Threat of Violence reviews, etc.
• Collaborate in screening employees and their families going on long term international assignments and support mental health services, cultural transition and adjustment of international assignments and repatriation.
• Participate in the periodic selection of suppliers through the Request for Proposal process, including defining statement of work, defining performance guarantees, and supplier selection.
• Work with Communications to develop and implement the EAP promotional plan and materials to promote EAP services to employees and dependents including the program website.
• Participate in company Well Being strategy and planning.
• Support additional projects and services as required.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Current Arizona State licensure as a mental health professional, or the ability to obtain Arizona State license within twelve (12) months
• Experience with crisis management, substance abuse and mental health treatment
• Occasional travel including international locations
• Candidate must be available to be on-call / available by phone after work hours
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Master’s Degree in mental health discipline
• A minimum of 10 years post graduate experience in an EAP related field
• Deep content knowledge in the area of EAP systems and core competencies
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well within a very diverse global workforce
• Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP) preferred
• Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Certification
Job Employee Assistance Counselor
Organization: Employee & Labor Relations
Title: Employee Assistance Specialist
Requisition ID: 1900001406