Lockheed Martin GCI Controller in Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
Description: At Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Training, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Operate the NTC-L F-16 networked flight simulator during aircrew training, research and development, test procedures, and certifications. Assist instructor pilots by configuring mission set-ups and operating the consoles (MCS & IOS) to support varied mission types, including the XCITE and man-in-loop threat stations, and provide accurate, up-to-date GCI communications to aircrews. Prepare training materials and instruct GCI operators in current GCI methodology and terminology for multi-ship/multi-configuration (2 v X and 4 v X) operations. Willingness to learn fighter aircraft flight concepts including: BFM, ACM, RMD, BVR, ACT, SAT, FAC-A. Provide back-up support to the F-16 SMEs providing Red Air when needed. Assist simulator technicians in troubleshooting and repairing technical problems and issues during training and return the simulator to full operational status. Develop documentation for reports, training, and procedures for on-site equipment. Flexible availability to shift schedule and support missions from 0730L to as late as 1930L.
- Graduate of a formal Weapons Director (WD) or Air Battle Manager (ABM) course.
- Minimum of 2 years operational experience providing Ground Controlled Intercept (GCI) control to military aircraft.
- Previous experience as a WD or ABM within the previous 5 years.
- Secret security clearance investigation within the past 6 years.
- Five years experience providing GCI or AWACS control, either live or simulated, to military aircraft.
- Instructor qualified WD or ABM.
- Simulator console operations experience.
- Above average written and verbal communications skills.
- Customer oriented.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment with diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.