Andersen Windows and Doors Value Stream Manager in Goodyear, Arizona
Description Imagine working for America’s premier window and door manufacturer in a new state-of-the-art advanced manufacturing and distribution campus. The 500,000 Sq ft. climate-controlled facility in Goodyear, AZ will be an amazing place with smart factory technology, warm, welcoming and fun work environment, privacy rooms for new mothers, prayer/ meditation rooms along with an outstanding benefit and compensation plan. This combined with the Andersen history and culture creates an outstanding opportunity for you to join a great organization!
The Value Stream Manager is responsible to manage and drive the process of continuous improvement for the value stream supply chain (procurement to delivery) and to deliver overall business results for assigned value stream. Deliver agreed to value stream results in the areas of safety, quality, customer service, costs and associate satisfaction/development.
- Define and communicate performance targets for safety, quality, customer service, costs and associate satisfaction/development with Value Stream team. Hold team accountable to those targets.
- Develop and implement plans to provide process improvement in key areas defined above. Value stream improvement initiatives will be aligned with Lean Manufacturing principles and the manufacturing strategic plan.
- Establish an environment conducive to high levels of morale, associate satisfaction, and performance.
- Deliver performance to budget. Use participative approach in budgeting process.
- Ensure alignment of activities and resources within the value stream, and ensure cross-organization collaboration and associate involvement where appropriate.
- Acquire the appropriate people, technology, equipment and financial resources necessary to meet customer expectations and implement the business improvement plans.
- Provide coaching, information, ideas, feedback and encouragement to associates and managers to promote the growth and development of the value stream team.
- Support new process and product development and implementation.
- Participate in negotiations with suppliers regarding issues that impact the value stream: prices, quality, customer service, etc.
- Continued personal growth and development.
- Be highly visible to associates and create a safe environment for participation. Promote going to Gemba to solve problems and also promote hands-on, high involvement approaches to problem solving.
- Establish visual management techniques to manage the value stream.
- Support positive community relations.
- 4 year degree or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years of supervisory or leadership experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of world-class (Lean, Safety, Quality, Manufacturing)
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
Business acumen and knowledge:
- Financial justification
- Listening skills
- Effective 1:1 and in groups
- Developing presentation skills
- Able to motivate associates
- Bias for action
- Displays energy for the business
- Demonstrates courage to make difficult decisions and act
- Collaborates with associates
- Supports and foster change
- Able to coach and develop associates within value stream
- Able to develop and maintain a respectful and safe work environment
- Able to support and foster a continuous improvement culture
- Works effectively with associates
- Able to effectively manage conflict
- Developing coaching skills
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes/IT systems
- Understands engineering and quality requirements and deploy resources to product the required solutions.
- Demonstrates a passion for safety
- Able to facilitate kaizen events
- Basic knowledge of the supply chain
Primary Location: United States-AZ-Goodyear
Other Locations: United States-TX-Garland
Organization: Andersen Regional Manufacturing
Job Posting: Feb 23, 2021, 10:10:22 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 27969