Nothing Bundt Cakes Guest Service Specialist - Part-Time in Glendale, Arizona
Do you have the spirit of a champion, a drive to succeed and put your best self forward? A need to know your work will bring joy and smiles to young and old alike? Do you love to talk with people?
At Nothing Bundt Cakes “We strive to provide our guests with the highest quality cakes, superior service, and creative solutions in a warm, welcoming environment”
We are looking for individuals to join our Glendale team to help deliver on this goal. Do you have what it takes to become a member of our front of house team as a Guest Service Specialist – helping our guests find that perfect cake to celebrate a special occasion as well as the “just because” moments? We need you if you are a mature, friendly, outgoing, team-spirited person, not afraid to work together during the busy holidays and un-intimidated by technology. Are you the type who can sing Happy Birthday at the drop of a hat, bring out the best in people with a friendly smile and hearty “welcome in”?
If your answer is a resounding “YES, I can do that”, then read on.
In order to provide the quality cakes our guests love and come back to again and again, you can expect to do the following in this role:
- First and foremost – abide by NBC standards & uphold the image & brand.
- Develop a strong knowledge of NBC's products, prices, & promotions
- You can work well under pressure and move with a sense of urgency
- You can multitask and pay attention to all the small details
Possess a strong sales capability to promote the “extras” The nitty-gritty responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Assist other departments when necessary
- Introduce walk-in guests to our bakery and our products with a guest tour
- Assist guests with walk-in orders while using creative solutions
- Suggest balloon sales, show porcelain items, and up-sell with candles and cards
- Assist phone guests by placing incoming orders
- Give cake presentations while performing quality control tests
- Operate & balance (POS) point of sale with accuracy and efficiency
- Gather guests email addresses
- Keep the retail area clean, swept, and neatly merchandised,
- Dust all retail surfaces, including all counter-tops, and POS stations
- Duties assigned by the crafting department such as fluffing bows and making design pieces.
- Track inventory and commission sales Holidays are especially important to Nothing Bundt Cakes! Being holiday driven means our teams all need to come together to excel at providing even more of what our guests have come to love day to day – it’s just like a normal day …….but on steroids! To make it happen, we need everyone to come together as a team (we’ll feed you too during these special holiday times)!
The nuts & bolts:
- Part-time position, 15-20 hours per week. The bakery is open Mon through Sat, closed Sun (everyone gets to share the load)
- Training pay is $12.15/hr. Upon meeting NBC standards for speed & quality within 30 days after the initial training period, pay increases to our starting pay at $13.00/hour
Benefits offered include sick pay, workman’s compensation insurance, simple IRA with company match, and of course discounts for your own cakes to enjoy in your downtime. What do you have to do to apply? Follow the steps and complete each one or your application doesn’t go any further.
Upon submitting an application for this role, you will receive an email with a link to a questionnaire. (don’t see the link, check your spam box)
- If you still cannot find the emailed link, please contact us at email@example.com.
- You will also need to upload a resume/work history detailing your most recent 4 jobs or 5 years employment. Applicants who do not do so will not be considered.
- Answer all the questions on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We’re looking forward to reviewing your application!