Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 2-Systems Engineering Integration & Test NGI Program in Chandler, Arizona
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
SEIT PM (Manager 2- Programs) - Next Generation Interceptor (NGI)
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking an experienced SEIT PM (Manager 2-Programs) to lead the Systems Engineering Integration & Test teams in our Chandler, AZ office for the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) Program. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The SEIT PM works to increase the focus on clear requirements development, interface design, testability, and verification. The SEIT PM is also expected to emphasize the importance of collaborative system design, with insight and oversight across all engineering boundaries. To succeed in this role the ideal candidate must be comfortable with ambiguity and willing and able to take on the status quo with respect to business processes and program team roles/responsibilities in a tactful and productive manner.
This position will report to the Director of SEIT and be allocated to Program Chief Engineer for daily direction. In this position, the SEIT PM will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following focus areas:
• System Architecture:
- Help lead the design and development of system architecture decisions in coordination with the Program Chief Engineer
• Design Change Impact Assessment:
- Ensure that design changes in hardware and software are compatible with existing components and subsystems, particularly for efforts requiring the support of more than one engineering discipline
• Multi-disciplinary Interface Management:
- Develop comprehensive design and interface requirements and lead the verification effort, ensuring cross-functional communication
• Requirements-based Testing:
- Ensure program master test plans, integration concepts and integration flows developed by the Integrated Operations Team are constructed in a Test Like You Fly manner and verified.
• First Flight Item and TLYF Management:
- Effectively utilize Systems Engineering products such as First Flight/Reuse and TLYF Assessments early in the system architecture and design phase to identify and mitigate risks.
• Data Review Management:
Lead the process and review products for formal data review.
Hold the engineering teams accountable for objective, efficient and timely review of telemetry data.
• Employee Management
Provide direct supervision of Systems Engineering Lead
Provide OJT training and mentoring of SEIT engineers
Approve hiring decisions.
Originate and advocate for SEIT program staffing demands.
• Cost Management:
Perform EVMS functions (CAM) for Systems Engineering WBS elements (may be delegated to SE Leads)
Program POC for Independent Reviews
Serve as program POC / coordinators for IDRs and Deep Dives with functional management.
• Risk Management:
- Facilitate risk management process and review board in coordination with Program CE (Chair).
• RTCL Management
- Facilitate successful planning and execution of real-time closed loop testing in coordination with GNC and SW.
• Right hand of the Program Chief Engineers
• POC to Functional Leadership
• Monitor and track to internal department standards/guidelines including intermittent status and reporting requests.
Job Category : Program Management