Robert Half International Cost Accountant in Chandler, Arizona
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for standard cost analysis, month-end close, journal entries, account reconciliation, general ledger, and ad hoc reporting. It is important that this Cost Accountant be well versed in a variety of accounting practices as costing is only one part of the overall responsibilities. A strong candidate should possess excellent analytical skills along with the ability to combine different data and calculate profit margins. The Cost Accountant should also be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions as well as building updated databases and managing cost information to maximize profitability.
• Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database
• Construct data accumulation systems
• Determine fixed costs
• Plan and record variable costs
• Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
• Prepare budgeting reports
• Analyze and report profit margins
• Prepare cost forecasts
• Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
• Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant study
• 3+ years of proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, preferably in a manufacturing industry
• Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Experience with accounting software
If you are interested in this position please email an updated resume to email@example.com
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Salary: $20.00 - $25.00 / Hourly
Location: Chandler, AZ
Date Posted: November 8, 2019
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00200-9502293920
Staffing Area: Accountemps