Rogers Corporation Casting Associate in Chandler, Arizona
Who We Are and What We Are All About
Join global leaders in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world with Rogers Corporation. At Rogers Corporation, we’re changing how the world uses technology. We develop innovative specialty materials and components that enable technology in a wide array of high-growth markets. Our customers demand high performance and reliability, so we are always looking for people who enjoy a challenge, make things happen and get results. Integrity is at the heart of how we work. We excel at building enduring relationships that foster trust between our colleagues and our business partners. We work creatively and cross-functionally, making a rewarding environment. To grow with a global, results-oriented company, explore our latest job listings.
Summary:The Casting Associate is responsible for performing various day-to-day production tasks within ACS manufacturing facilities, on the RO3000® Casting Line. This operator must work with all levels of the unit to ensure safety and production goals are achieved and improvements are continuous.The Casting Associate will utilize PeopleSoft on a regular basis and will assist the team as determined by production needs.The Casting Associate will be responsible for taking initiative and ownership of the process to ensure continuous production through troubleshooting and problem resolution and be a contributing team member. This is a Night Shift position, on our B2 Shift: Monday thru Wednesday and every other Thursday, 5:50am - 6:00pm.
- Setup, adjust and operate oven, frontend coater and web handling system in conjunction with the RO3000® line.
- Repetitively catch and stack individual sheets, inspect, weight-up, panelize, load and unload ovens and package RO3000® product.
- Use charts and measuring equipment, such as scales, hydrometers and dial indicators to ensure that the proper coating thickness is applied.
- Make, record, log, enter data in computer and chart appropriate product and process control records.
- Operate casting carrier cleaning and scraping equipment as needed; flag, repair and splice defective material.
- Select and move rolls and containers of required raw materials and mixed materials as directed; unload rewind section of continuous line.
- Disassemble and clean all parts of process equipment, as required, to ensure contamination-free material.
- Detect unusual conditions, defective materials, operating difficulties and other process upsets and report to supervisor.
- Observe prescribed or necessary safety precautions in a cleanroom environment and work according to cleanroom manufacturing and housekeeping practices.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition on a daily basis: sweep, vacuum and wipe down the equipment to prevent contamination.
- Participate in mixing process as needed, which may include performing routine tasks to seup and operate mixers, pumps, scales, degasser, ball mill and other equipment required to produce various chemical mixes.
- Waste management and chemical handling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 or more years of experience in high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience with computer applications, including ERP, document control, training – data analysis tools, and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
Required Skills and Abilities:
- /Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the shift/
- /Ability to stand, walk, twist, turn and move throughout the whole shift/
- Computer literate and understanding of document control
- Certified to operate a forklift or ability to become certified
- Ability to adapt to change
- Organizational capabilities and attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use hand tools
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must successfully complete Hazardous Waste (RCRA) intermediate level training, which includes introductory and reoccurring training, as well as abide by state and federal regulations regarding handling and management of hazardous waste.
Critical Competencies:Attention to Detail; Drive for Results; Communication (written and verbal); Time Management; Technical Learning; Problem Solving
Preferred Education and Experience:/ Prefer at least one year of casting, mixing, treater or related manufacturing experience./
Preferred Skills and Abilities:/Ability to train others; Contribution to process improvements and cost reductions./
Does this position require supervisory responsibility?☐Yes ☒No
If yes, describe the level of supervisory responsibilities needed:
Please review the following physical demands and make all selections as they apply to the position
General Physical Work Level:
Medium (exerts up to 50 lbs of force occasionally or frequently & up to 10 lbs constantly
*Physical Agility: *
☒Climbing (stairs, ladders, ramps, etc.)
☒Reaching (in any direction)
☒Walking (may be for long distances)
☒Pulling (sustained dragging/hauling)
☒Use of fingers (picking up, keyboarding)
☒Talking (spoken word communication
☒Stooping (bending back & legs)
☒Standing (may be for sustained periods)
☒Pushing (applying steady force)
☒Lifting (arms, back, & legs strength)
☒Hand Dexterity (grasping)
☒Hearing (no less than a 40 db loss @ 500 Hz, 1000 Hz, and 2000 Hz with or without correction)
Temperature Control:Inside & Outside
☐Subject to Vibration (whole or part of body)
☒Subject to Noise
☒Subject to Atmospheric Conditions (i.e. fumes, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, etc.)
☒Subject to Hazards (i.e. electrical current, chemicals, heights, etc.)
☐Subject to Oils/Other Cutting Fluids
This position requires the use of a respirator:☐Yes ☒No
- Visual Ability/(Includes color perception, depth perception, and field of vision)/* *
Additional physical demands:
The Casting Associate must be able to stand on their feet for long periods of time; capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. routinely. This position involves bending, stooping, standing, and walking on a regular basis throughout the duration of the shift. The employee is frequently required to use hands, arms, and fingers to reach, lift, pull, push and move materials with or without use of material handling cart, as required. Some areas within this position may require 20/20 or corrected 20/20 vision.
Work Environment:Employees working in this facility may have exposure to fumes or airborne particles, loud equipment, large machinery, and moving parts. The associate will be working in a cleanroom environment, which may require use of sterile clothing and/or equipment, steel-toed shoes, in accordance with Rogers Corporation’s Shoe Policy, and safety glasses.
EEO, HOW YOU CAN APPLY, & ABOUT ROGERS CORPORATION
Why work for Rogers
With an outstanding work environment, vast developmental opportunities, and a top-notch benefit package, we empower employees with a culture of excellence. Come join a winning team!
Rogers Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
How You Can Apply for this Position
Visit us at:www.rogerscorp.com/careersto apply!
About Rogers Corporation:
Rogers Corporation (NYSE:ROG) is a global leader in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world. With more than 180 years of materials science and engineering experience, Rogers delivers high performance solutions that enable Advanced Connectivity and Advanced Mobility, as well as other technologies where reliability is critical. Rogers delivers Power Electronics Solutions for energy-efficient motor drives, vehicle electrification and alternative energy; Elastomeric Materials Solutions for sealing, vibration management, and impact protection in mobile devices, transportation interiors, industrial equipment and performance apparel; and Advanced Connectivity Solutions for wireless infrastructure, automotive safety and radar systems. Headquartered in Arizona (USA), Rogers operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, China, Germany, Belgium, Hungary, and South Korea, with joint ventures and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.rogerscorp.com.
Organization: *Advanced Connectivity Solutions
Title: Casting Associate
Requisition ID: 21000038